2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Arcadia B-Craft Black IPA - Arcadia Brewing Company

Arcadia B-Craft Black IPAArcadia B-Craft Black IPA

Arcadia Brewing Company visit their website

American Black Ale |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: alleykatking on 07-27-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 256 | Reviews: 79 | Show All Ratings:
CrazyQuaker

Missouri

4.04/5  rDev +3.9%

Poured in brussells glass on tap at Beer Kitchen in KC

A: deep dark black, small one finger head, whiter than I expected. Great lacing. The white/black contrast looks really nice.

S: this is my favorite part about the beer. Sweet and malty, a hint of sawdust and a little chocolate. No scent of alcohol.

T: the description on Beer Kitchen's menu is pretty accurate. "Citrus, dark malt, earthy, pine, slight sweetness, moderate bitter finish." The only thing I disagree with is the "slight sweetness." I actually get a lot of sweetness on this pour. I really like the flavor, and if you enjoy bitter endings, this one does it.

M: good feel, not heavy, excellent carbonation, easily drinkable beer. It does have a little burn after a few sips. I didn't notice at first, but the feel is similar to a whiskey shot but not quite as powerful.

O: excellent black IPA. I'm really satisfied with the complexities and sweetness. Again, I love how this beer smells. Even though I had it on tap, I did look at the bottle label online. The label solidified my desire to drink this over Halloween season. It just gives you that warm fall feeling while maintaining the hoppiness and bitterness of an IPA.

08-17-2013 02:04:33 | More by CrazyQuaker
stevedem

4.63/5  rDev +19%

Unfortunately I didn't have any idea I'd be having this so I didn't take any notes or anything.

Look: It's black with a off white head that hung around for a while.

Smell: floral

Taste: Pleasantly bitter and floral/fruity.

Mouthfeel: Very smooth

Drinkablity: If it wasn't as strong as it is I could drink it all night. I'd get it again in an instant.

Got it on-tap at Hopcat in Grand Rapids, MI

08-17-2010 03:43:02 | More by stevedem
Gfhislop

4.93/5  rDev +26.7%

Searched for a while for this one. Many new beers take a while to get to my corner of the thumb.

A- Pours black with a light tan head, barely 1 finger thick. Webbing hangs on for quite some time

S- While you should expect a little roasty malt from this style, the hops really steal the show both here and in flavor. Very pine-forward aroma.

T- Almost instant hop eruption. Definite pine and citrus presence, possibly a mild earthiness. After it warms some, the roasty aspects come out of their shells and bring the whole thing together.

M- Appropriate for the style.

O- Definitely plays more like a DIPA than a regular black IPA. I'd say definitely worth a pick up

05-19-2012 05:50:11 | More by Gfhislop
Winger911

3.96/5  rDev +1.8%

Great roasted malt flavor, mixes well with the strong hop flavor and aroma. Foam head was nothing special but the beer had a very good smell; floral hops with dark barley scent.
Leaves a bit of an aftertaste where you can tell there is a potent amount of alcohol. Overall, great beer to try.

01-15-2013 20:29:02 | More by Winger911