Creemore Springs Premium Lager - Creemore Springs Brewery Limited

Creemore Springs Premium LagerCreemore Springs Premium Lager

Creemore Springs Brewery Limited visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Amber / Red Lager |  5.00% ABV

Lager is made the world over, but Creemore Springs Premium Lager is one of a kind. In all our travels, we've never found another like it. From the start, we've fire-brewed our flagship beer to be unique. It’s always made with the best ingredients and a strict adherence to traditional brewing methods. It’s just different up here, and so is our lager.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 10-05-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Creemore Springs Premium Lager Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 251-275 | 276-300 | 301-325  | next › last »
4.1/5  rDev +7.6%

IMO, one of the best Canadian lagers around. Pours a golden, orange colour, with a nice white head and sticky strings of lacing around the glass.

Nose is very floral, and slightly citrusy.

Taste starts sweet and fruity. Then some floral hop flavour. After taste is grainy and dry.

A solid beer. Very tasty, and truly a different lager that has many ale like qualities.

baiser, Aug 22, 2004
4.08/5  rDev +7.1%

My first Creemore Springs Lager in 9 years, thanks to the intervention of northyorksammy. I used to love this stuff back then even when I was clueless enough to still drink it straight out of the bottle.

Pours out of its 500 ml brown bottle a deep ruddy golden colour, very little carbonation, and only a splash of fizz for a head. So this is what it actually looks like! (I wouldn't know from past experience...) The aroma possesses a clean sweet and biscuity malt profile, with light floral and herbal hops. I can even pick up slight caramel as well. Well-balanced and rounded flavour, the malt and hops act in unison, mild grains and some toasted malt cheek-to-cheek with the crisp flowery hops. Very refreshing stuff. The mouthfeel is light to sip, but has a decent body when rolled across the palate. If I lived in Ontario this stuff would be my old reliable, there would always be at least one bottle of this stuff in my fridge. I used to look back fondly about this stuff, and it is good to know that it's still the great beer I remember it as. My favorite Canadian lager along with Yukon Brewing's Chilkoot.

IronDjinn, Aug 12, 2004
3.9/5  rDev +2.4%

Screw-off (I've been called that before) bottle. Purchased on a whim at one of the liquor stores in Toronto.

Poured an interesting (and unexpected) clear copper in color. Head was thick and long-lasting. Nice patchwork of lace on the glass. Nose is also interesting. Mix of juicy fruit, floral hops, and a touch of malty sweetness. Flavor is up-front sweet and is mixed nicely by hoppy influence. Finish is dry. Good mouthfeel and drinkability. I was quite pleasantly surprised at this, given my recent run-ins with the Molson offerings that I'd tried whilst in Canada. Great summer beer. I'd gladly drink more of this.

OldFrothingSlosh, Aug 01, 2004
3.93/5  rDev +3.1%

Poured a coppery gold with a very thin, almost white head that left little lace on the glass. It had a crisp aroma, with noble hops shining through. Slightly sharp flavour with some malt sweetness followed by a floral/spicy bitterness. Definitely a full bodied lager with a clean, dry finish. Fairly high carbonation with average smoothness.

DrJay, Jun 27, 2004
3.15/5  rDev -17.3%

Yeah, twist-off bottle, time to give my church key a rest!

Clear amber color, decent layer of bubbly white foam.

Aroma, fresh, open, airy, and otherwise vapid.

taste: hmmm, eh, blah, and, otherwise, ordinary, some malt peeks through in the end, and shows some sweetness...not too terrible, after all, but not much else.
Not bad, but not all that ...well... anything...

light body, small texture, tiny finish...
inoffensive, though...

feloniousmonk, May 24, 2004
3.48/5  rDev -8.7%

Nice coloured beer, but next to no head. Kinda sad to see. Some lace does cling to the glass. Clean, good, quality lager smell. The simple beer smell, without the cheap beer smell. Slight hop aroma, some grass, and bready, almost chewy malt. Taste is similar, with a slightly stronger floral sensation. Crisp, clean mouthfeel that is very suitable for this beer. Light bodied and simple. Drinkable, yeah. It's got enough taste to be drinkable, without the complexity to make it amazing. This is a simple beer. And that is what I like. More importantly, that is what I respect about this beer.

slitherySOB, May 15, 2004
4.58/5  rDev +20.2%

and so this is a beer of many things for me: Lives, lifestyles, memories, highs .lows, friendships, homes. I've been drinking this beer for 10+ years and it is this beer that I owe to givng me the key to unlocking and appreciating quality brewing. but I don't want to give the impression that this is a purely emotional review. Lager is not my favorite style, but this is an exception. and even though I live in the land of lager(as in yuengling) this is a wonderufl drinkable beer, quality made. this is the one and only regular beer from this brewery and is mostly drunk in the province. Luckily, I still have friends that are wonderful enough to smuggle some of this to me south of the border.
so the review- the color of this beer is exceptional, wonderful amber bronze color a clarity and wispy full white head that speaks of good clear canadian water. Even in a bottle a bit aged, the head stands up well. Aroma strongly of fresh-baked bread with a hint of alchohol. this fresh-baked bread taste permeates the drinkability. Straightforward, strong flavor of malt, flavor starts clear and strong and finshes with a full mouthfeel with a hint of sweetness. the fresh falvor asserts itself but fades gradually through the sip(or gulp), leaving a a clean sensation at the finish. Pure, unadulturated Canadian quality in a glass. highly recommended for all levels of beer drinking appreciation. worth hunting for if you can find some, best recommendation is to visit T.O. Ontario. either way its win-win for me, as your loss is my gain and my pleasure again and again. This is truly a sublime beer.

sublimesipping, May 05, 2004
4.43/5  rDev +16.3%

The color is orange reddish, there are medium and large carbonation bubbles and lots of them. An intricate lacework clings to the glass. Aromas of floral hops, bready malts, hop bitterness and fruity yeast are quite evident. The taste is crisp and very pleasant. The mouthfeel is definitely smooth and crisp like a lager but there are definite ale characteristics to this beer. perhaps the hops used, or more likely the yeast stain. This is possibly the best lager Ive tried yet.

CAMRAhardliner, May 02, 2004
4.72/5  rDev +23.9%

My favourite of all beers up to now, as it impresses me in every way a beer possibly could. Rich colour, a great flavourful taste, and the spring water definitely gives it an unusually CLEAN taste. Highly recommended to the novice beer enthusiasts (like myself) and the experts as well.

Quotashun, Mar 25, 2004
4.08/5  rDev +7.1%

Pours a cloudy orange-gold amber. Nice lace, but not an enormous head. Aroma is floral with a slight honey.

Mouthfeel is light, crisp and has good carbonation.

Well-balanced copper bitter bite with a roasted flavour. Hoppy! Hoorah! The bitter washes the tongue over and the carbonation sizzles just right. Everything about the taste is tops. A bitter aftertaste carries the experience onwards in a good decrescendo. As well, the honey sweet is more present in the taste as the beer warms.

An A grade beer for anytime, anywhere. I love this beer.

JustinBathurst, Mar 14, 2004
4.03/5  rDev +5.8%

Superior than in the bottle, had served right (not-too-cold ) at safari Club. More balanced, malty without being as sweet and as creamy and as carbonated. Good by itself, or before food or with the meal. Cane sugar stays with the Belgiums and mint with other Onatrio challengers.

Sammy, Jan 14, 2004
3.05/5  rDev -19.9%

Appearance: This is a very nice looking Pilsener. It pours a clear amber color with a bubbly off white head.
Aroma: The aroma is slightly malty.
Overall Comments: This is a pretty decent pilsener. I am not usually a fan of this style, but this was pretty well done.

jcalabre, Oct 30, 2003
4.55/5  rDev +19.4%

Poured a light amber color with a small amount of head that quickly faded, leaving a very nice lace on the glass.

Well balanced hop notes and a medium bodied mouthfeel. A faint fruity nose is present. Very refreshing!!!

This is a highly drinkable beer!

Beervis, Oct 27, 2003
4.6/5  rDev +20.7%

Taken from a 500ml brown topedo with an old-style malt liquor twist top. I heard no seal crack as I bent the lid off, but there was a poof of escaping gas.
In color it is a reduced honey yellow. Very deep and multifaceted in hue, this beer launches a short, thin sheet of mousse. The aromas it contains are all fruit: melon rind, muscat, peach, nectarine together with their stones. A seductive nose. On the palate it is chewy for a lager, with fortissimo, intersecting layers of caramel, cane and toast. Clear, clean bursts of fruit accompany a thick carpet of tannic pepper and mint flavors. The finish is cleansing, bitter.
I've been encourged by recent efforts from Canada. Brilliant, stylish entries such as this one and Mill St. Organic Lager, not to mention fresh Walkerville, contrasts with the cookie-cutter aspects of the scene in the USA.

putnam, Oct 11, 2003
3.68/5  rDev -3.4%

Pourred a dark amber brew with almost no head (that was alittle bit disapointing). Taste is very refreshing and sweet with great taste of hops. Very german type of lager. Would drink this again anytime.

As for some of the comments about this being pricey... well quality must be paid!

Phyl21ca, Sep 12, 2003
3.9/5  rDev +2.4%

Bought at The Beer Store (Robertson: Ottawa), 10 minutes in the trunk, a few hours in the fridge.

The explosions in the medium-big cream-colored head are noisy. Lots of carbonation in the orange/gold beer. Nice stripes of lacing. There's a little fonk in the nose, some malt and hops and a touch of fruit. The front is slightly sweet. There are some toasted grains. The middle is a very nice fruity/malty combo. Reminiscent of apples? A fresh, bitter, hoppy grainsy finish. Nice fruity burps.

What a nice, malty, fresh, balanced lager. This is one of my favorite light Ontario beers: quite malty in the middle, quite hoppy in the finish. Yum.

kbub6f, Jul 01, 2003
3.65/5  rDev -4.2%

A deep copper brew with a small white head on top that dies quickly but will leave a trail of lace on the glass. Sweet malty aroma loaded with grains and german hops.

A very crisp brew with a perfect level of carbonation. It smoothes out and has great drinkable qualities. Sweet malts dominate, and they are balanced with some grassy hops. A great summer lager.

ElGuapo, May 31, 2003
3.13/5  rDev -17.8%

--This beer poured a nice light amber color. It had a nice crisp smell to it as well.
--The taste was not bad but nothing to write home about.
--Overall this was a nice beer. It is priced as a premium here in Canada, which might deter me from drinking again. But you know what they say...never say never!
Thx

canadianbarman, Apr 10, 2003
3.25/5  rDev -14.7%

I was a little worried about this one at first. I remember back in the day when my friends and I were drinking beers by the truckload we were going back and forth between Labatt Wildcat, LGD, Homebrews & Labatt Ice as our favorites and what we considered 'good beers', we came upon some of this and could barely get it down. Just knowing it was beer and had alcohol in it probably was what kept us from pouring it out.

It pours a very nice amber slightly orange colour that is quite unique. A small and quickly disappearing head but hey thats normal. A sweet tasting malty beer, I didn't detect too much hoppy bitterness.

Defeintely better the second time around.

SaunaKing, Feb 07, 2003
3.3/5  rDev -13.4%

This is an interesting beer, very full and dark amber in colour. Well balanced leaning slightly towards the hops with a lingering after taste. Est 1987, when this beer gets some seniority, it may be a classic.

Shiloh, Nov 07, 2002
3.6/5  rDev -5.5%

Pours a nice clear amber color, the head abundant, the lace lavish, and both beige in color. Nose has a nice hop floral tone, with malts and a touch of fruit. Start is malt sweet, the top is moderate in mouth feel, and the finish is mildly acidic, nice hop spicy bite, the aftertaste droughty and long lasting. A quite pleasant beer, and the fact that lager/pils leave me wanting, this was a pleasant surprise.

Gusler, Nov 01, 2002
4.43/5  rDev +16.3%

Based on Pilsner Urquell? Man, that's hard to believe.

This amber lager really is one of Canada's best, and is renowned for its freshness ("Delivered fresh weekly" -- I wonder if they do home delivery? ;-).

Pure-brewed (water, malt, hops, yeast), though I'd prefer a little more hoppiness, but that's a personal preference thing.

http:\\www.creemoresprings.com

bmacaskill, Aug 31, 2002
3.85/5  rDev +1%

Good copper coloring, and nice lace left around the edge of the glass. Nice nutty / buttery taste, with a distinct yeast aftertaste. Not bad for a Canadian lager.

zerk, Jul 08, 2002