Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner - Creemore Springs Brewery Limited

good

Creemore Springs Brewery Limited visit their website
Ontario, Canada

Czech Pilsener |  5.30% ABV

Pilsner was first made back in 1842 by the Bohemians. They used special pale malt and an abundance of hops to create a delicious, golden beer. Up here at Creemore Springs we fire-brew our pilsner the same traditional way, using only four natural ingredients starting with our own clear flowing spring water. It’s eminently drinkable, and always refreshing. Classic yet unique; it’s our fresh take on a traditional Czech pilsner.

(Beer added by: CAMRAhardliner on 05-22-2007)

Danielr26, Nov 18, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -36.3%

traumaqueen, Apr 06, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -29.2%

Poured from can. Cereal and hay aroma. Clear and golden with white head. Very light bitter taste. Light body, thin texture, lively carbonation, with an abrupt finish. Pretty average overall.

Nightwing, Aug 19, 2014

sachie23, Dec 05, 2013

ledjip, Sep 08, 2014

deNevers, Feb 12, 2014
2.78/5  rDev -21.2%

Purchased at a Kingston, Ontario LCBO. 5.30% abv, 473mL can. No freshness date.

Appearance is golden (a few shades darker than straw), nice rocky head that settles with a collar and some bubbles. Some lace.

Aromas: nice floral hop bouquet on pour, diacetyl, lots of maltiness, smells fairly fresh. Very straightforward.

Moderate carbonation. Medium feel for a pilsner, nice grainy sweet palate. Some subtle bitterness on the tongue keeps it palatable. Salted butter. Sugary sweet caramel lager finish, not as crisp or dry as you would expect in a Czech pilsner. Some spice.

Too sweet for me, actually ended drainpouring the last little bit as it was cloying and syrupy.

Antilochus, Mar 04, 2008
2.8/5  rDev -20.7%

After try a few Canadian beers from the can, I must admit I was ready to judge this one by its cover. I'd tried a supposed "IPA" that was really just a lager, with hardly any hops to be tasted, so when I read "Pilsner" on the side of this can I got worried before even taking the first sip. Therefore when I did try the first sip I was pleasantly surprised. It does taste like a pilsner! Unfortunately after a few more sips the cloying sweetness sets in and the lack of hops becomes more noticeable. Overall it's pretty average. I had a hard time finishing it and actually ended up throwing half of it away.

JayTheFinn, Sep 23, 2007
2.83/5  rDev -19.8%

11/23/10- Had a 16 oz can of this.
A: Clear tangerine, one-finger white head with lacing.
S: Mild pale bread, cornbread, doughy, almost non-detectable hops.
T: Pale bread, not as much doughy, metallic hops are almost non-existent, creamy oats mouthfeel.
M: Frothy but only slightly, medium thickness. OK.
D: It's decent. There are a lot of better pilsners out there.

ne0m00re, Nov 25, 2010
2.89/5  rDev -18.1%

A-pours a yellow straw color with is clear with a white head with decent retention
S-both malt and hop aroma are light, very clean aroma
T-sweet malt matched with a green hoppy bitterness and finishes with grain on the palate
M-medium light bodied
O-not a bad brew, would have expected a bit more hops but still very clean and crisp

atr2605, Apr 11, 2013
2.94/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Big can from the State store in Charlottetown.
Pours a brilliantly clear deep golden color with a good sized bubbly white head that lasts forever. Sweet grainy bready pilsner and faint spicy floral hops. Flavor follows the aroma quite well. Medium body with a moderate level of carbonation. A bit sweet but easy enough to drink, I enjoyed this.

johnnnniee, Jul 18, 2014
2.95/5  rDev -16.4%

473ml can acquired in trade with Sammy - thanks!

Poured a medium golden-yellow color with a larger sized white head. Aromas of graininess, wet grass, and I was getting some spiciness. Tastes of the same graininess and had a lighter sweetish finish.

hopdog, Jan 19, 2009

H8B8, Apr 04, 2013

TimeLincoln, Mar 07, 2013

DreamDeath, May 18, 2014

cfalovo97, Nov 06, 2012

Mack, Jul 26, 2014

Pmicdee, Oct 23, 2013

hopsolutely, May 13, 2012

Pours an orangey straw color. Nice carbonation. Clear. Disappointing head retention and zero lacing.

The aroma appears to have taken the day off and soapy lemons are filling in.

It tastes a bit like their lager, only Pilsenerized. Or perhaps that's my tastebuds playing tricks on me. Sweet bready malts are pit up against a grassy floral bitterness and the malt wins by a nose. I just feel it's a little shy on the bitterness and a little high on the sweetness. The finish isn't as dry as I would expect. And now that I'm nearing the end, it's a tad soapy.

The mouthfeel is oddly creamy, but I kind of like it.

With a billion (I counted) pilseners available to me at the LCBO I'm afraid this one is far down the list for me. As for what tradition this traditional pilsner is I can not say.

MeisterBurger, Jul 31, 2009
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

473ml can
5.3% ABV

I tried this beer on March 12, 2008 after purchasing from one of the local LCBO outlets. The poured a translucent gold colour with a generous head that quickly disippates. The aroma was very malty with some slight hoppish hints. The mouthfeel was medium bodied with medium carbonation. The flavour was very grainy, with very little bitterness.

cyrenaica, May 12, 2008

kelvarnsen, Nov 30, 2011

Pours a nice traditional pilsner yellow, with a promising foamy head, which unfortunately quickly dies to a film. The aroma reminds me of lemon dish soap, but breaking is down further I might suggest it is a mix of lemon, grass and celery, which would be expected. Nonetheless, I don't find it particularly welcoming. The flavour is initially rich with this aroma, and the smooth texture helps to reinforce the idea of soapiness. Its not unpleasant, but again not something that I'm really looking for. Thankfully, after a while this settles down, and a sweet maltiness takes over for the rest of the ride. A nice level of floral hoppy bitterness lurks out the edges, helping to keep this pils nice and refreshing. No doubt I could drink another of these to quench my thirst on a hot day, but whether I would do so with so many other good brew available is unlikely.

bobsy, Feb 28, 2008