Highway 22 Collaborative Evil - Tustin Brewing Company

Highway 22 Collaborative Evil
No picture uploaded.

Tustin Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: womencantsail on 03-19-2011)
4.13/5  rDev +8.7%

Definitely unique. Very sweet, but, fortunately, not cloying.

I will corroborate the licorice presence.

I would take this as the last beer of the night, slowly letting it warm as I savored its rich and varying flavors. I can see how it could be too sweet for some, but I believe it is a very balanced flavor between roasty and sweet. I would definitely seek this out, if for no other reason than the experience.

Personally, I will seek it out for more.

Somebody_Else, Feb 16, 2014
3.58/5  rDev -5.8%

On-tap at Tustin

A: The pour is almost black, but we'll go with a very dark brown color. A creamy khaki head sits on top.

S: Quite a bit of chocolate on the nose, mostly of the dark and bitter variety. Quite roasty with a touch of licorice and burnt sugar. A touch of ash and alcohol in there as well.

T: Much sweeter than I was expecting. Burnt sugar, licorice, and dark chocolate. A touch of caramel and toffee are hiding in there too. Not much coffee, but definitely roast and ash, and some booze/whiskey flavor on the back end.

M: Medium in body with a moderate level of carbonation.

O: Sort of like Dark Lord in a sense. Quite sweet and sugary, so while I enjoyed it in a small pour, I don't think I'd want a big glass.

womencantsail, Mar 21, 2011
3.68/5  rDev -3.2%

Sampled 3/19/2011 at the brewpub. No info given on the sign or by the bartender, though she said she had a paper with some info but didnt have a chance to read it yet. Not sure if this has anything to do with Flossmoor or not. All I know is that it is listed as a house beer.

Pours dark brown/black hazy, brown head that laces the glass nicely but the head itself falls away over 30 seconds or so.

Aroma is sugar, roast, caramel, light booze, more roast, and more sugar with a touch of nuts and chocolate.

Flavor reminds me of a non soy saucey Dark Lord (08 and earlier). Moderately heavy, sweet, sticky, roast, ash/burnt flavors, long lasting aftertaste, a healthy dose of chocolate, and some nuttiness to top it off.

Body is heavy, drinkable but in controlled doses. Enjoyable maybe on a cold night but I've never been a huge fan of these syrupy stouts.

Ƭίcƙ

t0rin0, Mar 20, 2011
Highway 22 Collaborative Evil from Tustin Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.