Lakeport Ice - Lakeport Brewing Company

Lakeport IceLakeport Ice

Lakeport Brewing Company visit their website
New Brunswick, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Lakeport Ice employs an enhanced brewing process to remove ice crystals, resulting in a full-flavoured balanced beer with 5.5% alcohol.

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 01-23-2003)
View: Beers (14) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
woodychandler

1.73/5  rDev -17.6%

This represents the best part of The CANQuest (TM) - CANadian beer in a CAN sent to me by a CANuck! BigBry and I have been trading for a while and I am always glad to receive and open one of his packages.

I am disappointed to realize that all of their CANs, not just the Light, now feature the lighthouse. Still, more visually appealing to this jaded CAN Man.

The Crack & Glug went down as usual but the room filled with a lime-citrus scent that left me wary. Nose was like tortilla chips dipped in lime salsa. How do they achieve this? I got a finger-and-a-half of dense, bone-white head that slowly fell, leaving some beautifully sticky lacing in its wake. Color was a golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. It was pretty enough, but it stank like yesterday's garbage. Mouthfeel was medium and the prevalent taste was of metal, followed by lime citrus and then a nice wash of corn. Woof! This should have a skull & crossbones as part of the label/logo. Deadly. It now becomes a question of this or a Minhas product as I am taken out to the desert, staked to the ground spread eagle, honey smeared on my genitals and beer poured into my gullet until I give up whatever they want from me this time. Sorry, but if you want me to talk, it is going to take Minhas. This might take my mind off of what the ants are doing to my sack, but it isn't enough to get me to cop to anything. Finish left me looking out the back door to see if my neighbor has opened for business yet. I could use a 40 of AML to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Serving type: can

02-05-2012 17:58:58 | More by woodychandler
mrmanning

1.48/5  rDev -29.5%

Bottle samples-Twisted alcohol and lime/corn flavours. Nose is full on alcohol with corn and adjuncts. Cereal grain too. Gold body, fizzy, quickly retreating head. Not good. These guys really are one of the overall worst breweries I've ever come across.

11-17-2009 18:25:29 | More by mrmanning
steeler

3.8/5  rDev +81%

This is a hometown classic, its a staple. One of the few lakeport beers i enjoy, anyway, pours out a golden yellow color, with a small head, .5 inch. Smells like a cheap macro, but not all that bad. Taste is great, in the top 3 ice beers i've ever had, goes down smooth, little bitterness, a tad metallic, finishes clean. Quite nice. Mouthfell is nice and full, and slick. This is a great beer for the cottage, and just a good every day beer to stock the fridge with, I quite like this. Try it.

Serving type: can

05-17-2009 03:43:51 | More by steeler
Bestuurder

1.4/5  rDev -33.3%

Possibly one of the worst beers I have had in recent memory. The fact that this brand had a "steel" taste to it does not help; lack of a good head is not impressive either.

The ice format makes me question something in the filtering process, as well as the bottling technique. It did have a crisp and clean aroma, but the scent of steel continued from the pour to the settling. Very unimpressed, would not recommend.

03-14-2005 19:41:16 | More by Bestuurder
slitherySOB

2.08/5  rDev -1%

Very mettalic taste for something coming from a bottle. When drinking this beer, I got the sensation that it was filtered through rusty Chevettes. Copper colour with no head. Crisp, clean and slightly sweet smell. As mentioned above, horrible taste. Which is too bad. If the metallic twang was removed, this could be a very good beer.

01-23-2003 09:35:42 | More by slitherySOB
Lakeport Ice from Lakeport Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.