Follow our progress ...

Added by watermelonman on 12-05-2004

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by Irie:
4.05/5  rDev +3.6%

A - Large head, even after a smooth poor, that lingers for awhile. Dark as night with the gradient running upwards and eventually fading. Heavy lacing on the glass.

S - I don't really know to say. It was just Full. Smoke and Oak in there somewhere along with a lot of other scents.

T - Very smooth with low carbonation but a very long flavor. Liquorish tinge to it along with subtle hops and nuts. Great balance of all this that expands when it warms and fills out very nicely.

M - A bite to go along with medium carbonation that all rolls easily. Seems like a fairly lite beer on the way down but settles heavy.

D - Easy to drink thanks to the great balance and carbonation. Goes down easy but fills up quickly when it settles. Delicious.

Great beer. Had it at the Magnolia Pub in San Francisco. I almost thought it was sucking light into it. A great stout.

3.93/5  rDev +0.5%

This is a very attractive beer coming off the tap, with a medium-sized and very creamy head sitting atop blackness. It's leaving a bunch of good lace behind as well.

The smell was fairly subdued, and contained nothing but malt. The taste had a bit of an odd chemical effect, but was still pretty good.

It feels sharply dry in the mouth, and is very drinkable.

4.32/5  rDev +10.5%

3.09/5  rDev -21%

could not do it, this was too much of a stout for me, just not ym style, I try and try to drink these stouts to be a good advocate, but for me this was not very drinkable.

that being said I can see how a stout fan would love this beer, just not for me, not really sure how to review beer that is not to my liking, I am sure some people would love it.

4.17/5  rDev +6.6%

Nice lacing with a large, light (very light) tan head. Dark as night, hard to see-through. Nice lacing.

On the nose, there was a light chocolatey/faint toasty quality with a touch of smoke.

Very smooth, sessionable beer. ABV was reportedly below 4 and I had this instead of dessert. Wise choice - more of that smokey/chocolatey flavor coming through with a nice, medium-level of floral hop bitterness.

Good mouthfeel - from the nitro tap it that somewhat velvety texture you'd expect.

D - Very easy to drink. Had I not stuffed myself on the gastropub cuisine and already at the end of the meal, I'd have had another pint. Will definitely look for it in the future.

Spooky Tooth Stout from Magnolia Pub & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.