Rothaus Pils Tannen Zäpfle - Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus AG

Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus AG visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  5.10% ABV

Beer added by: inebrius on 04-08-2004

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 229 | Reviews: 115

Excellent beer ! I was very surprised after drinking this beer. And no headache after drinking 10 tannenzapfles :-)

4.75/5  rDev +18.2%

4.16/5  rDev +3.5%

2.75/5  rDev -31.6%

4.33/5  rDev +7.7%

I've been off beer for maybe 20 years. I used to get super sleepy if I had it and other side effects (food intolerances). I've just got back from a 2 week holiday in the Black Forest and on our first day there I saw "Tannen Zäpfle" on the drinks list at an Italian restaurant and, in my ignorance, thought it meant apple something-or-other, so decided to ask what it was to order it. The waitress told me it was beer and I immediately thought "Ok, I'll need to try something else", but then thought "Should I give it a go after all this time?" - in the end, I ordered a small one, 30Cl. I suppose you can say I just got lucky with the beer because it was basically awesome. It was a hot day and the beer was so deliciously cold and fresh. It's golden, with streams of bubbles continuously rising from the bottom of the glass for the entire duration of the drink. It turned me right back onto beer in an instant.

During the rest of the two weeks, I spent my time moving from white beers to wheat beers, to dark beers, home brews and other pilsners and, to be honest, I was always chasing the taste and feeling of this Rothaus Pils and the truth is that nothing is as good. Some were really good but just not this good.

Now that I'm back home, I'm visiting my local brew shop and buying beers from all round the world, IPAs, Weissbiers, lagers, exports, local brews, everything and I know I'm still chasing the taste of this beer. Of course, I'm not basing this on one drink alone. During the 2 weeks in Germany I had multiple Rothaus Pils. On tap, from bottles, supermarket six packs, the lot. As I say, I'm now totally back on beer and loving it. Although I can't find anything as yet to compare to this beer, I'm enjoying the attempt to find something.

If you're in the Black Forest, i advise you to fill your boots with this one! :)

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%

4.75/5  rDev +18.2%

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Rothaus Pils Tannen Zäpfle from Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus AG