Hofbräu München Hefe Weizen - Hofbräuhaus München

Hofbräu München Hefe WeizenHofbräu München Hefe Weizen

Hofbräuhaus München visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: Mora2000 on 08-12-2010)

pisano, Sep 18, 2013

yankinwis, Aug 17, 2013

Lencho_Gomez, Aug 11, 2013

XsoldoutX, Aug 08, 2013
3.16/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I have to admit this is only the second Hefe Weizen I have had so bare with me. Of course I poured this beer the correct way with the bottle upside down and swirling 1/3 of the bottle to get any yeast of the bottom.

Appearance- This beer is a creamy orange nectarine color that you can not see through. The head is about three fingers after the initial pour but goes down quickly. You can witness the cloudiness of the beer once held up to a light and can really appreciate the amount of yeastiness present just from the sight.

Smell- The smell is very unique. It has a strong apricot smell to it. With a swirl of the glass a strong artificial banana smell comes out. I do smell somewhat of a fake tanginess to the beer but the yeast smell is quite present and and apparent.

Taste- Wow the number one thing I taste right from the get go is a fruity pungent taste. I taste a lot of apricot, however the banana I smelt I cannot really taste. With the second taste and a little bit more concentrated sense, I can taste much of the yeast in the beer and it is quite good actually.

Mouthfeel- The mouthfeel is pretty decent. It has somewhat of a watery consistency, however it has a certain bit of body that can be detected. It is definitely filling but much more watery than I presumed .

Overall, this beer is quite good. I would say that it is a beginners German beer. I would recommend it to any American who has not dived deep within the German Hefe Weizen scene yet. This is only my third review ever let me know how I did! CHEERS!

Tr0janSlay3r, Aug 04, 2013

linnymtu, Aug 04, 2013
3.64/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Yes, I know it has a green bottle, and I know that it has what they call "skunkiness", but it works. It does. Heineken has a green bottle and the skunkiness but it doesn't work. There's a difference. OK?

This is a good hefeweizen. The typical flavors are there (wheat, coriander, spice, yeast), but there are hops along for the ride as well. Most notable are lemon scents and flavors. A bit on the thin side, even for a hefeweizen, but it finishes clean.

This isn't a perfect hefeweizen by any means, and in fact I think it's overrated. But everything seems to work pretty well, and it's a tasty albeit unremarkable example of the style.

DeFaz, Aug 03, 2013

WeizenMike, Jul 16, 2013

apasternak, Jul 12, 2013
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12 oz. single

app- Gave it the proper wheat beer pour and it gave me the two finger creamy head. Color is on the lighter side. Looks like a mango. Bubbles stream up from the bottom. Spiderweb-like lacing down the sides of the glass.

sml- slightly skunked out of a green bottle. However, the real beer notes overpower that. I get a tart fruit with peppery hints. A lemon hits my nose on the breath out. Good hop presence, but the wheat really takes center stage here.

tst- excited for this. Instead of the tart fruit from the nose, I get the sweet banana flavor so famous in wheat beers. The hops counteract what could be a disastrously sweet beer, and make it supremely balanced. This beer tastes fantastic. I do get that hint of malt but not enough to make a lasting impression.

Mf- thick. Like liquified oatmeal. This could take on most stouts and emerge victorious. Feels fantastic.

This is one great beer. It's not quite the level of Aventinus' Tap 6, but it's getting there. Something about the hops here made me feel like it was just thrown in there because they needed it. Not because they had a plan for them. However these are minimal issues. In general, I would have a refrigerator full of these and be happy. Awesome.

Hulk_Beer, Jul 02, 2013