1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hofbräu Dunkel - Hofbräuhaus München

Hofbräu DunkelHofbräu Dunkel

Hofbräuhaus München visit their website
Germany

Munich Dunkel Lager |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-18-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hofbräu Dunkel Alström Bros

My FAVORITE beer of all time, draft at my nearest Hofbrauhaus in Cincinatti, NICE flavor rich taste.. the king of beer

Ah yes! The best beer in the world! I can't say any negative reviws on this beer. I've enjoyed this personal favorite for such a long time. The foam was a nice antique beigh with a deep rich aroma. The color is a dark amber red. Nothing compares to the taste in my opinion. A smooth, rich and robust taste with a plethora of complex smells. The mouthfeel was smooth and medium-bodied. If I had to live off
just kind of beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

I can enough of this beer. My all time favorite. Hands down one of the best in my opinion. My brother went on holiday to Germany and mention about this great beer he had. Turns out las Vegas has a Hofbrauhaus. I had a stein and I fell in love with it ever since.

4.95/5  rDev +31.6%

This IS my favorite beer!

4.88/5  rDev +29.8%

By far, my favorite beer of all. The flavors in this beer explode along with the wonderful aroma of caramel. I usually have two liters of this great beer on tap, at the Heidelberg in NYC, the food and beer are fantastic, I have never been disappointed. I have serious trouble trying to keep my glass on the bar.

4.83/5  rDev +28.5%

First of all, a lot of the reviews on this page are refering to a Hofbrauhouse in Vegas or Kentucky...
Vegas is for gambling
Kentucky is for horse racing

Germany is for Beer!

This Hofbräu is from Germany...

I found this to be a nice dark brown brew which had a nice head that lingered around for the entire pint drinking experience.
I like this beer, good classic German Dunkel.
I could have a lot of these with a couple of bbq'd brauts or soft, warm, fresh baked pretzels.
Great taste.

A message for the other Hofbrau drinkers : Try this beer and you'll go back to Vegas or Kentucky and let the other guys know that their beer doesn't hold a candle to the German version!

4.75/5  rDev +26.3%

Amzing beer with a nice rich, full body taste. Smells like it taste. Good amount of head when poored. No bitter bite. Real nice dark malt flavor with hints of caramel and chocolate. The end is much like the taste of toasted bread. Just a hint of spicyness and a little bit of hop. This beer is a real winner.

I liked it some much a had to go out a get a 1/2 keg of it at home in the kegerator. Its just as good as ever. Really a treat.

4.7/5  rDev +25%

really enjoyed this beer its nicely balanced taste and crisp clean mouthfeel just makes you want that next one. pours a medium brown with hints of ruby highlights and a beige head and a light spotty lace.

lightly roasted malt with a very light hint of caramel.

slightly sweet roasted malt with a light bitter hop finish and a lingering after taste.

light to medium mouthfeel thats crisp and clean.

this beer gets it all right.

4.6/5  rDev +22.3%