Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized Pilsener - Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized PilsenerLabatt Blue De-Alcoholized Pilsener

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. visit their website
Ontario, Canada

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

Beer added by: buschbeer on 08-31-2010

Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized is a full-bodied pilsener packed with taste. Utilizing a special de-alcoholization process, Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized Pilsener goes through the complete fermentation process and then a centritherm removes the alcohol, keeping the Labatt Blue flavour and quality. Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized Pilsener has only 50 calories and with less than 0.5% alcohol.
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

1.91/5  rDev -35.3%

half of a 12 oz bottle poured into a snifter thanks to my uncle.

pours out with pretty much no head, what was there fizzled out in seconds. ive had better, longer lasting head from a glass of pepsi. extremely clear, watery piss yellow color.

at first it smelled like laundry detergent. after it sat in my class for awhile this went away. hard to pick up anything, but a little mineral water, and hints of corn and ricey like adjuncts.

again, mineral carbonated water with the slightest light beer like taste. definatly lacking something when even compared to your standard light lagers.

a very light, watery mouthfeel with a high carbonation.

super light, light beer. i dont have much expierience with the style, nor can i really understand why anyone would want to drink this. by far the lightest, most watery beer ive ever had. (838 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +10.2%

341ml single bottle, called 'Labatt Blue 0.5%', which I presume is the same thing as here. Found in a local grocery store's, um, 'singles' NA beer shelf.

This beer pours a clear, bright pale golden yellow colour, with one chubby finger of puffy, loosely foamy, and fizzy dirty white head, which leaves a bit of arching paramecia lace around the glass as it quickly blows off.

It smells of musty grainy pale malt, corn on the cob (sans the butter, at least), faint spoiled red apples, and wet hay. The taste is bready, doughy, and rather sweet mixed malt, the corn doing well to blend into the crowd, more still fairly ethereal and stale pome fruit notes, and a plain earthy and straw-like hoppy, well, not bitterness, but flavour, I guess.

The bubbles are generally supportive and average for the base Canadian macro pilsener style, the body medium-light in weight, and so-so smooth, much in the vein of seltzer water. It finishes sweet, but not overly so, the mutt malt doing an adequate job of holding the line.

I gotta say, if it weren't for the approximately tenfold decrease in ABV, I would choose this in a heartbeat over regular Blue. So the question is - is it really the alcohol that fucks up yer typical macro lager? Or is it their mismanaging of the hops, which are mostly absent in (nearly) booze-free Blue? All food for thought, but back on track - if you have to avoid the sauce, and you still want a standard brew, then you could do much, much worse than this. (1,485 characters)

2.18/5  rDev -26.1%

Big thanks to my Uncle Chris who left this in the fridge after my mom's birthday bash!

Actually pours like any "B-" American Adjunct Lager does... pale straw color, clear as a bell. Lots of quick beading. Minimal, fizzy head.

Crisp hops, awfully faint... some pear, apple juice, not much going in the way of aromas.

Tastes like very watered down Bud Light.

I guess it drinks well... there's no real aftertaste... it sort of tastes like drinking water from a cup that was used to play beer pong.

This is my first non-alcoholic "beer" so I'm not really sure if this is good or bad in the grand scheme of things. (614 characters)

2.92/5  rDev -1%

I poured into a pint glass to one finger of white head. It is yellow in color. It looks just like an American adjunct lager. The smell is slightly sweet but not grainy like adjuncts. The taste is almost nonexistent. It reminds me of a light beer. The finish is clean with no lingering flavors. It is pretty watered down. This is probably the last non-alcoholic beer that I will consume. I just can't see paying anything for a beer that will not self medicate me (461 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -49.2%

1.73/5  rDev -41.4%

Color is corn and bubbles are a'plenty. Serious head and little retention. No Date of expiration so im assuming its old, but i dont think it matters.
Smell is just slightly less strength than the normal blue. Im getting pale malt, adjunct and chaff.
Taste is far too sweet and very little beer-ness. However, psychologically I will say that I felt like I had had a beer by the end of it...make of it what you will.
Mouth feel is carbonation, dryness, but nothing that is distinct.
Sucks. (487 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a yellow copper color. One finger off-white head, which recedes by first drink. Some lacing.

Smells like grass, metal, and burning tires, until the head falls off. Then it's just grass.

Tastes like an above average NA. No malt taste, just grassy.

Mouthfeel is generally good. Not as thin as you'd think for an NA. Not very bitter, even with the carbonation, which is apparent.

Overall this is an average NA. I saw it on the shelf and quickly checked BA, which had it at a B+. So I picked it over two other NAs that I prefer (Clausthaler and O'Douls Amber). It's a very drinkable NA. But unlike other, better NAs, you can definitely tell something is lacking. (669 characters)

4.44/5  rDev +50.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I only drink NA beer and I discovered this by accident. It's light and leaves no after taste - which is good. I prefer this to any other NA beer. I pay $9.99 for a 12 pack of cans. Highly recommended! (200 characters)

3.09/5  rDev +4.7%

Pours out a yellow hue with a thin whitehead that has high carbonation, minimal retention and no lacing. This beer I could hardly smell anything, but based on taste it is very similar to a regular LaBatt Blue with some corn, sweet malts and a hint of hops. It has a nice smooth crisp clean finish to it and is good as a substitute for people that like LaBatt Blue but don't want the alcohol in their beer, but since I prefer some alcohol I probably will drink this stuff very rarely. (483 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -57.6%

4.6/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Because of a rare blood disorder, I am to avoid beverages that contain (significant amounts of) alcohol. which includes beer. But I love the taste of beer. Just recently I visited family in PA and had the opportunity to try La Blatt's Blue NA. Nice and smooth without that "full" feeling.

This brew may not be for the "traditional" beer drinker but for those of us who can't have the alcohol, this hits the spot. (413 characters)

2.58/5  rDev -12.5%

My nearby grocery store had a sale on this, so I grabbed it for the sole purpose of reviewing it on here. It pours a dark yellow with damn near no head. The smell is very one dimensional - it just smells of sweet malt. The taste, admittedly, tastes watered down. Considering this is a non-alcoholic beer, that is pretty unsurprising. The taste is decent however, pleasantly sweet with just a bit of hoppy bitterness, but not much, and certainly not for a pilsner. It feels pretty good in the mouth - a little bit of residual numbness and a good amount of carbonation that doesn't leave you feeling gassy in your stomach.

This isn't a beer - it's a barley pop, although the taste is fine if you want something refreshing without getting wasted, or if you just don't drink. I'll admit - the next time I'm the designated driver, I'll ask the bartender if they have a couple bottles of this lying around.

I feel like I'm rating a little high, but for the style of beer (NA), it's a fine product. (993 characters)

2.78/5  rDev -5.8%

I really only tried this because I want to tried all BA styles of beer and I'm only a few short at the moment. I was surprised that I didn't hate this. It is a little bit too sweet but is far superior to the regular Labatt Blue. I could actually drink this which is not something I can say for the original, but maybe the original needs a revisit. (347 characters)

Labatt Blue De-Alcoholized Pilsener from Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.