Tripel Van De Garre - Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.

Tripel Van De GarreTripel Van De Garre

Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. visit their website

Tripel |  10.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Popsinc on 11-03-2003)

4.96/5  rDev +12.5%

4.86/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

This is an excellent beer. It is available in several bars near where I live. It is served with Gouda cheese, which complements the tripel extremely well.

4.83/5  rDev +9.5%

While studying abroad in Luxembourg, took a weekend trip to Bruges and randomly encountered the bar. Walked in--could not get a table. Determined, we went back the next day, and sat for two hours at a table by the window.

Served in the de Garre glass.

Appearance:2-3 inches of head, lasted throughout entire beer with prominent lacing. Beautiful color.

Smell: clove, citrus.

Taste: Sweet at first, then lingers into a spicier finish, but one of the best tasting beers I've ever had. Like no other trippel.

Mouthfeel: sticky, and you don't notice the alcohol as much as you should. The sign warns of a 3 per customer limit, as it is 11 ABV, but I feel like I could have doubled that...until I got up to leave.

Went back to Bruges 2 months later with my dad just to take him here and show him this beer. He was certainly appreciative. This was the beer that got me truly interested in great beers. I'll never forget it.

4.8/5  rDev +8.8%

A: Bright and golden with a huge creamy white head and thick lacing.

S: Very faint aroma over all, but there is some sweet banana, spices, yeast and faint alcohol.

T: Slightly sweet malts with a very well balanced faint hop bitterness. Some nice spice and a hint of banana.

M: Very smooth and creamy quickly followed by a nice prickly carbonation. Alcohol is very well hidden, but there is a slight warming in the finish.

O: Great beer at a great place and the cheese that comes with it, pairs perfectly. One of my favorite beers on my 2 days in Belgium.

4.8/5  rDev +8.8%

Due to a very helpful tip from my man John..on tap at Brouwers...
This mystical being spawned in an alley in Brugge. The goldenrod colour displayed in my glass offers an array of various breeds of hope. Hope for mankind. For the kids. Clouded, not obscured. I lift and sniff from the buxom glass. Clove and pepper, some floral notes, a bit of sweet malt, a bit of Clousseau. The taste is a phenom, the slightest bit of sweetness drowned out by a melange of yeasty flavors, pepper, clove, thyme, and a bouquet des fleurs. Unique and exceptional. I was not truly prepared for this beer. I hope I make it back up to the lands of the north before this wonder is disappeared.

4.8/5  rDev +8.8%

Tripel Van De Garre from Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.