Bornem Triple - Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.

Bornem TripleBornem Triple

good

Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. visit their website

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Sixpack595 on 12-10-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bornem Triple Alström Bros

pandow, Wednesday at 08:23 AM

zestar, Aug 22, 2014

BuddyZ, Aug 15, 2014

timoteo833, Aug 04, 2014
3.73/5  rDev +2.8%

A: Poured a light golden with a light yeast haze. The last bit poured out reinforced the sediment haze. A inch or so of big bubbled foam rose up, but mostly reverted to a thin layer of white bubbles.

S: Light straw and golden wheat. Yeasty be easiness. Slight graphite.

T: Starts off mildly sweet with a honey and wheat note again. Earthy wormwood comes through the sweetness. Mild taste of decomposing fresh grass clippings. Some fruitiness with apple and orange. very mild bittering finishes with a longer lingering sweetness.

M: Somewhat light but with a longer lingering syrupy sweetness. Aftertaste is long and salty.

O: A little ligher than I expected, but nice and easy and approachable. Don't really notice the 9% alcohol.

constantine_272, Aug 02, 2014

Rhody1, Jun 26, 2014
3.18/5  rDev -12.4%

Bottle marked 090M 03 23 at 55 degrees into snifter
Aroma of apples
Head average (4 cm), white, creamy/fizzy, rapidly diminishing to 1 cm ring with partial layer
Lacing Ok, some islands of various size
Body golden, slight haze from yeast
Flavor begins with yeasty phenolics and some alcohol. This fades to a light hop bitterness. No spicyness, no diacetyl. Slow stomach burn.
Palate light to medium, watery, lively carbonation.

Kind of a “meh” tripel, OK but not exciting. Worth trying once.

Ozzylizard, Jun 20, 2014

DMarlinJ, Jun 19, 2014

disconat, Jun 19, 2014

wrightst, Jun 17, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +24%

thkrb99, Jun 13, 2014

Greywulfken, Jun 07, 2014
3.05/5  rDev -16%

I got a bottle of Brouwerij Van Steenberge's Bornem Triple that my brother is sharing with me. I haven't been too impressed with the beers that came in this mixed Belgian Six pack and this is the last one that I have yet to try, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown Belgian style 11.2oz bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's just about the same as the other Bornem beers and I don't think it's eye catching. It poured a nice orange color that took on more of a burn orange color when held to the light and it had a little over two fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left a little bit of patchy and spotty lacing behind. This was a pretty nice looking Tripel, it was just a little dark for the style, but other than it looked fine.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness that has a little bit of a candied sugar like aroma to and it's followed by some fruity aromas being the first to show up and they impart a apple skin and apple juice like aromas with some orange like aromas showing up in the background. Up next come the malts which impart some sweet malt, toasted and caramel like aromas and the yeast only imparts a medium estery aroma and there's also a musty basement aroma. This beer didn't have a great aroma and it's not really what I look for in the style.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness that still has a slight candied sugar aroma to and its followed by the fruity aspect being the first to show up and it imparts the same aspects that it did in the aroma with an apple skin flavor seeming to stick out the most. Up next comes the yeast which isn't as musty this time, but it still is bland and a little estery and it's followed by the malts which impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma with the sweet malts and caramel flavors seeming to stick out the most. On the finish there's a light boozy flavor with hardly any bitterness and it had a apple skin, apple juice, sweet malt and caramel like aftertaste. The taste was just a little better than the aroma, but it still isn't true to style.

M- Not the smoothest, a little crisp, a little sticky, slightly boozy, on the thicker side of being medium bodied and it had a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was decent, but I wish it was smoother.

Overall I wasn't a big fan of this beer and I don't think it was a good example of the style, it didn't really have a single aspect that I thought was really well done or true to style, if I tried it blind I would know for sure it's a Belgian, but I don't think I would be able to guess that it's a Tripe. This beer didn't have the best drinkability, it wasn't the smoothest, a little crisp, a little sticky, slightly boozy, a little filling and the taste didn't do a good job at holding my attention, half the bottle is a little too much for me and there's no way that I would want another one. What I liked the most about this beer was the aroma, it wasn't great, but it was still the highlight and the truest to style aspect of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste and aroma, they were the downfall of this beer and they were both bland and not true to style. I might buy this beer again if I know for sure it's fresh but other than that I don't think I will be revisiting it any time soon and I wouldn't recommend it either. All in all I wasn't a fan of this beer, I wasn't expecting anything too special since the other Bornem beers weren't that great, but I was at least hoping this would taste like a Tripel and I was disappointed that it did not. This is one of the crappier Tripel's I've had, but it still isn't as bad as that Bornem Amber that I had to drain pour. This one seems like it needs a lot of work, better luck next time guys.

StoutHunter, Jun 05, 2014

Zekenyce, Jun 05, 2014

Shafaegalo, Jun 04, 2014

koladiola, Jun 02, 2014
Bornem Triple from Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.