2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Cherish Raspberry Lambic - Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.

Cherish Raspberry LambicCherish Raspberry Lambic

Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-29-2002)
View: Beers (74) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 102 | Reviews: 79 | Show All Ratings:
WMBierguy

Maryland

4.68/5  rDev +21.2%

I'll start off by saying that I don't really consider lambics to be beer. I know that they technically are, but I lump them in with other flavored malt beverages (like wine coolers, Smirnoff Ice, etc.). Therefore, I'm comparing this with those types of drinks, not with beers. With that said, this is what those drinks wish they could be. This poured a cloudy dark red. The head was thick and pinkish, but it didn't leave any lacing along the glass. The drink had a strong raspberry smell and a pleasing raspberry flavor. If you're ever craving a wine cooler, I'd recommend grabbing some of this lambic. It was the best fruity malt drink that I've ever had.

01-28-2007 16:57:29 | More by WMBierguy
fdkayti

4.72/5  rDev +22.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- A be-e-e-ay-yootiful cherry red with a bubbly pink head. No lacing but a steady stream of carbonation bubbles.

S- Sweet, tart fruit. Smells like sweetened raspberry preserves, I can't get enough.

T- Oh my goodness. Like drinking not-quite-ripe rasperry juice. Sooo good. I want a gigantic glass of this. Sweet and tart and tart and sweet. Over the top goodness.

MF- Dances on the tongue. The crispest, cleanest tasting thing ever. Great carbonation, champagne fizz.

O/D- YUM. That is all.

07-10-2011 23:42:12 | More by fdkayti
AdamBear

4.88/5  rDev +26.4%

more than a year ago i had this as one of the first non BMC beers i ever tried that led me to great things. after many pours, i am finally reviewing it

A-very dark red, light pink head

S-wow pure raspberries!that's all!...just great!

T- in and out its a fist-full of wonderful fresh raspberries. very very thick tasting. i love this! it tastes like candy. a bit of sourness is present and welcomed!

M-medium carbonation with a great creamy finish!

D-as drinkable as it gets, i could drink this all night! by far my favorite lambic ever!

11-27-2010 06:44:31 | More by AdamBear
matjack85

4.93/5  rDev +27.7%

This comes in a small 8.4oz brown bottle with no freshness date on it. The only information you get is a line at the top of the label that says, "Authentic Belgian Raspberry Lambic", and then a line at the bottom that says "Malt beverage brewed with raspberries".

I poured the beer into a red wine glass where it showed off its deep garnet red color, but it only made a ½-finger of bubbly pink head that faded to just a rim in about 30 seconds. Lots of soapy lacing occurs with each tilt of the glass.

The smell is like walking thru a field of fresh raspberries at picking time. The raspberry smell is so strong, if there is any other smell in here, I can't find it.

Now it's time to cross my fingers. Was this going to be a sweet sticky artificial syrupy mess, or was I going to get treated to tart Lambic style raspberry flavor? To my surprise and delight, this stuff was delicious! Sweet - absolutely, but with plenty of Lambic style tartness to make this one of the best Lambic fruit beers I have ever tasted. Can't really taste much more than the raspberries and a little Lambic funk, but that's OK with me. I loved it.

Both sweet and sour mouthfeel with enough tartness to give it some puckering power. Light to medium body with spritzy carbonation.

Great taste and easy to drink. The 5% alcohol is completely hidden. If the bottle didn't say there was 5% in here I would have guessed it to be even lower. Congratulations to Van Steenberger - I think you've even outdone Lindemans and Leifmans with this one. Now if only you could make a nicer looking label - LOL.

10-15-2010 11:01:42 | More by matjack85
Cherish Raspberry Lambic from Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.