Busted Knuckle - Gray's Brewing Company

Reviews by tut2528:
2.25/5  rDev -27.4%

3.25/5  rDev +4.8%

4.15/5  rDev +33.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Great overall ale easy to find in tall boy cans or bottles and relatively cheap, would definitely recommend

1.63/5  rDev -47.4%

Disgusting creation of a beer, each sip pains me more, fuck this shit. Disgusting horrible creation why is this being marketed as craft beer, did they sit this in a hot store room for a year? it pours an amber color with a light khaki tan head fine speckled lacing super light speckled lacing. Aroma tart sourdough bread hints of watery caramel notes with a fucked up overall nose...like husks of grains. Flavor makes me cringe I can't believe how bad this beer is I though it would be promising, instead I pour straight shit into my glass. Induces gag reflux with a stale grainy finish, this is horrible I hate this beer with disdain please let's get them closed down it's an abomination of a beer. Overall if you like this beer let me hand you a personal FUCK YOU!

2.75/5  rDev -11.3%

2.83/5  rDev -8.7%

Poured from a long neck brown bottle into a standard clear pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a light and clear amber color with a one finger tan foam head that faded quick and left a hint of lacing behind.

Smell: Very mild pine hops with just a faint whiff of caramel and toffee malts.

Taste: Unusual dirty hops taste with a slightly sweet but faint malt underneath it. It's not a bad beer, but it left me wanting a little more flavor from everything that was there. Tasted a little too watered down for me.

Mouth Feel: Light body with medium carbonation. A bit thin and watery,

Overall: It's like a light version of a good Irish Amber. It's got the right flavors, just not enough of them, and they aren't bold enough. Too light for my liking, so I would not seek this out again.

3.25/5  rDev +4.8%

2.78/5  rDev -10.3%

Pours out an ice tea color with little to no head. Thin white bubbles and not much lacing.
Smell is weak malts and yeast. Some hoppiness but aromawise this is weak.]
The flavor is not bad but it is very watery with only the malts coming through.
Mouthfeel is clean as there is nothing to attach to the palate.
Overall this is not a bad beer, just not a very good one.

2.75/5  rDev -11.3%

3.74/5  rDev +20.6%

I got this beer in a mixed eight pack from grays at the Lager Mill for $10.99. I Have liked all the other beers I have tried from grays so I am interested to see how this Irish Red turns out. No visible bottling date. Poured from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass.

A- The label art is kinda cool, I like the pissed off leprechaun clenching his fist. This beer poured a nice copper/red color with two fingers worth of white head that died down to a thin lump.

S- I pick up lots of sweet caramel malts. There's some bread aromas and a slight amount of yeasty spices. There was also a mild presence of some grassy hops towards the end.

T- Just as in the aroma, caramel malts shine through the most in this brew, it's sweet, but not overly sweet. The yeast and bread flavors also come through from the aroma. The grassy and earthy hops adds a slight bitterness to the finish that is not overpowering and helps balance out the sweet caramel malts.

M- Medium light bodied, slightly crisp, mediocre carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

Overall I thought this was a good Irish Red Ale, one of the better ones I have had. Everything about this beer was pretty spot on for it style and it was highly drinkable. This would make a good spring time brew, wish I had some of these on St. Pattys day. Another good beer from grays and one that I would buy again and recommend to anybody who likes this style.

2.7/5  rDev -12.9%

A - Looks like a good red ale, clear red amber with a 1/2 inch of tan colored head.

S - Smells pretty good I am not getting any hops mostly bread and mild sour dough.

T - Well I didn't expect much since it was a twist off but taste is like a sourdough pretzel with mild English hops and a twist of lemon. Worst part is a metallic "hard water" flavor and finish. Finished it but not sure it was worth it.

M - Light to medium and kind of disappointed.

Overall I don't think I will be seeking out anything more from this brewery.

2.5/5  rDev -19.4%

3.4/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.1/5  rDev -32.3%

Probably the worst craft beer I have ever had. It just feels empty and has a terrible finish. I have 3 left in the fridge that I am just dreading drinking.

2.28/5  rDev -26.5%

A- clear reddish brown with a thin beige head and no lace to speak of

S- sweet caramel, a bit toasty and nutty

T- diluted flavor mostly of somewhat caramel malt and toast.

MF- lighter than it should be with scant carbonation that fizzles away quickly.

D- lackluster version of a style that I'm not partial to. There's much better out there however the lightness of body and weak flavor could up its drinkability.

3.06/5  rDev -1.3%

Pours a clean orange-ish to copper color with a light tan head. In the aroma, a small caramel and sweet malt. In the taste, a small caramel like note and a sweet to dry essence. A small bite and a medium to lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a small dry caramel like note in the aftertaste. Decent, but just above average.

Busted Knuckle from Gray's Brewing Company