Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Draught House Pub & Brewery
Texas, United States | website

Style: American Wild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mora2000 on 10-27-2011

4.3

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.3/5  rDev n/a

On tap at the Draught House 43rd Anniversary Party. The man pouring the beer said this was a collaboration between the Draught House and New Belgium.

This beer had very mixed opinions among our group. Some loved it, others hated it. I happened to fall on the side that enjoyed it.

The beer pours an orange color with a white head. The aroma is pretty much what you expect from a beer with pumpkin in the name. I get some pumpkin notes, as well as some cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. There is also a little bit of funkiness in the aroma.

The flavor is where the sourness really comes in. I get all of the notes I expect in a pumpkin beer, with a lot of canned pumpkin notes, allspice, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg. I also get some nice, funky sourness that I think really accompanies the other notes. There is also a little bit of sweetness from the molasses or brown sugar, but the tart and sour notes are what really stand out.

Medium mouthfeel and low carbonation. A very nice sour beer, and even more enjoyable since it was a sour pumpkin ale, a type of beer I have never tried.

Sour Pumpkinhead from Draught House Pub & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.