Pineus - Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof

No picture uploaded.

Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof visit their website
Germany

Gose |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: cjgiant on 02-15-2014)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

3.78/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Had this on tap tonight at Bittercreek in Boise... Pours identical to the regular Leipziger.... Short lived white head atop a slightly hazy golden brew.

Lactic/lemon with lighter than expected but ever present pine that seems a little antiseptic to me, but is incredibly drinkable.... Crushable.

So excited I got the chance to try this.

3.75/3.75/3.75/4/3.75

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

3.9/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A- Straw colored pour, clean white head that lasted a minute. About the same as the non pineus

S- The pine is really subtle, if I didn't know any better I would think that perhaps the standard version was dry hopped with a northwest hop variety and re-labeled pineus. The coriander in this case in non existent, and the salt is virtually undetected except for a faint presence in mouthfeel

T- The pine is even more subdued in the taste. I have only had a limited sampling of this style, but I have had the original Gose from this brewery, and this offering leaves more to be desired. I could not distinguish any coriander or salt for that matter, I was hoping for more, maybe a more complex brew, but I think I would rather take the original over this one. The pine additions seemed watered down, I think a more heavy hand with some more selective hops would've been appreciated more.

M- Fairly thin, not much on the back end, but finishes well. I could see this being refreshing, unfortunately it's 20 degrees and snowing outside, but I won't hold anything against it

O- Was really hoping for more, the original Gose from this brewery is what turned me on to this style of beer, but the salinity and coriander was completely lost in the session. Maybe it was an ageing keg, but I would much rather prefer the Gose without the pine.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »