Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Pineus - Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof

No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof visit their website

Gose |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: cjgiant on 02-15-2014

4.25/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

L; Yellow golden color. Almost looks like an ipa except for the cloudiness.

S: Pine needles

T: Tart lemony taste, with pine needles. Surprised how well this works. I don't pick up any salt.

F: Light to medium bodied, moderately carbonated.

O: The most unique gose I've had. Good stuff.

4.56/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I was surprised by how much I liked this beer. I was expecting a heavy handed pine flavor, similar to lapsing souchong tea, but the pine was just one of many notes. Delicious.

4.31/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Brick Store Pub in Decatur, GA 7/18/15.

Appearance: Pours light yellow.

Aroma/Flavor: A burst of spruce and licorice. Light acidity.

Mouthfeel: Medium light bodied with some residual licorice-esque sweetness.

Overall: A very cool beer, crazy how pine in a mash tun can add such a layer of flavor.

3.78/5  rDev -5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Had this on tap tonight at Bittercreek in Boise... Pours identical to the regular Leipziger.... Short lived white head atop a slightly hazy golden brew.

Lactic/lemon with lighter than expected but ever present pine that seems a little antiseptic to me, but is incredibly drinkable.... Crushable.

So excited I got the chance to try this.

3.9/5  rDev -2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A- Straw colored pour, clean white head that lasted a minute. About the same as the non pineus

S- The pine is really subtle, if I didn't know any better I would think that perhaps the standard version was dry hopped with a northwest hop variety and re-labeled pineus. The coriander in this case in non existent, and the salt is virtually undetected except for a faint presence in mouthfeel

T- The pine is even more subdued in the taste. I have only had a limited sampling of this style, but I have had the original Gose from this brewery, and this offering leaves more to be desired. I could not distinguish any coriander or salt for that matter, I was hoping for more, maybe a more complex brew, but I think I would rather take the original over this one. The pine additions seemed watered down, I think a more heavy hand with some more selective hops would've been appreciated more.

M- Fairly thin, not much on the back end, but finishes well. I could see this being refreshing, unfortunately it's 20 degrees and snowing outside, but I won't hold anything against it

O- Was really hoping for more, the original Gose from this brewery is what turned me on to this style of beer, but the salinity and coriander was completely lost in the session. Maybe it was an ageing keg, but I would much rather prefer the Gose without the pine.

3.67/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Not sure on availability. The beer is listed on the menu where I got I under "tart and fruity/delicate" as brewed with salt, coriander, and pine needles. Both my girlfriend and I thought the pine was subdued, but so was the tartness (delicate?). Our bartender said the pine was too overwhelming for him.

A: cloudy golden with significant foamy white head, sustaining without some lacing
S: tart as expected, little yeasty; I get some of the salt, but not any pine
T: light and a little bitter before the tartness (lemon) grabs hold. This tartness does hold throughout the taste, but is joined by the pine taste, which for me is a more powerful taste that the tartness, but the combination gives a little peachy taste for a fleeting moment (rated lower b/c not sure it fits the style).
M: the pine flavors make it feel dry, but actually I felt in ended refreshing enough.
O: definitely a beer to try when you feel adventurous, but you might be pleasantly surprised, especially if you enjoy a piney-tasting beer.

Pineus from Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.