Goseator - Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof

pDev: 24%
Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof visit their website
Germany

Gose |  8.50% ABV

Aged in Tequilla barrels for six months.

(Beer added by: UCLABrewN84 on 10-07-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

braugon, May 13, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -30.8%

tectactoe, Jun 17, 2014
3.55/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Bottle: Poured a cloudy dirty beige color Gose with a huge off-white head with excellent retention and some good lacing. Aroma of salt and light coriander notes with light Tequila and agave notes with a light citrusy finish. Taste is way saltier then I had anticipated with less Tequila notes then I was expecting. Coriander is quite subtle with a finish that brings out the lime and agave notes. Body is quite full with strong carbonation and no apparent alcohol. I must admit that this beer is a unique experience that I enjoyed somewhat but don’t necessarily need to repeat on a regular basis.

Phyl21ca, Feb 20, 2013
3.89/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

A: The beer is hazy dark yellow in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a short off white head that died down but consistently left a thin head covering the surface.
S: The aroma is slightly musty and has light to moderate aromas of oak, tequila and salt. If you close your eyes it almost smells like a margarita, except for the oak.
T: Like the smell, the taste has lots of flavors of oak along with notes of tequila and hints of salt. The tequila gets a bit stronger as the beer warms up.
M: It feels nearly medium-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: I found this beer to be quite enjoyable because it blended all of the flavors well together. It also hides the alcohol rather well, which is surprising since a gose is usually a light-bodied beer.

metter98, Jul 27, 2013

montrealbcr89, Oct 07, 2013

rrski198, Apr 10, 2014

Timmy13T, Jun 23, 2013
3.85/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I found this at the Bierkoning in Amsterdam. It is the first Gose that I ever found there. With my newly found love of gose, I had to buy this. I liked the refreshing salty and sour taste of the same breweries original gose. Of course from this here is to expect something completely different. I am well aware that the "ator" ending is used for rather strong malty beers in Germany. Furthermore, Tequila barrel aging, wtf! I do not think I will like it, but let's bring it on.
Poured this in my current favourite Brasserie Thiriez tall tulip.

Nice offwhite fine bubbled foam of a few fingers that reduces to a delicate thin layer and then vanishes leaving only a slightly murky orangebrown body with some fine bubbles.

Smell is mainly Tequila and oak, slightly salty and some malts pushing through.

Taste is pleasantly sour, way milder than an oude geuze and even a flemish red. Sourness starts out citrussy and moves to salty sourness in the aftertaste that has more of a lactic acid flavor. Oak is defintely there and some malt as well but the latter rather faintly.

Feel is a bit thin, foaming carbonation as you swallow and creamy foam saves the day here.

I am really surprised that I like this. It is not an easy one but it is very different and rather brave and I appreciate that a lot. Again as with the regular Gose, saltiness is not overpowering but you rather have to go looking for it. The Tequila and oak flavor is nothing I would have invited into this beer, but it works somehow. For me this beer is very well balanced against all odds of letting tequila, salt and oak particpate. To sum it up: Interesting!

safaricook, Jul 11, 2013

tikk, Jul 29, 2014

humulusphile, Dec 13, 2013
2.5/5  rDev -23.1%

nmann08, Dec 30, 2012
1.4/5  rDev -56.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1

12.7 fl oz green glass (come on!) bottle with green standard pressure cap acquired at K&L wine in Hollywood and served into a conical Samuel Smith's pint glass in me gaff in low altitude Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California. Reviewed live. Expectations are low; this sounds terrible - "Double-Bock Ale Brewed with Spice and Matured in Tequila Oak Barrels". 8.5% ABV confirmed. Ingredients include coriander and salt. Product of Germany. I've been to this brewery before; that was the first place I tried Gose.

Served straight from the fridge. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

Not paired with food.

A: Pours a 5+ finger beige colour head of fair cream, fair thickness, and good (5+ minute) retention for the high ABV. Body colour is a transparent translucent vibrant pale yellow. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Generally appealing.

Sm: Lime, salt, pale malts, tequila, cilantro. Sweet Jesus that aroma is terrible. Like, fuck, that is unappealing. Fairly strong. What have I gotten myself into?

T: Salt. Tequila. Lime. It isn't great, but all the notes are genuine; they don't feel like artificial lime syrup or anything like that. I don't get any oak. Pale malts. Light funkiness. Boy, this is really bad. Some alcohol comes through. I don't get any yeast. Not at all balanced. Poorly built. I kind of want to vomit just drinking it. Bleh. I don't like this at all. I don't mind a good gose, but this is abhorrent.

Mf: Smooth and wet. Good carbonation. Decent thickness. Poor palate presence.

Dr: Man, this is bad. I'm gonna power through and avoid drain-pouring it, but it's really testing me. Hot damn. Not at all recommended. Please avoid at all costs. The worst beer I've had since Black Crown. I wanted to love this, but damn is it terrible. Maybe worth cooking with. Ugh. Really hard to drink.

F

kojevergas, Mar 11, 2013

poured from 2012 bottle. Not a lot of carbonation, but the coriander/salt of the gose blended quite nicely with the tequila barrel. Heard from the person who shared this with me that a previous bottle was not good and was a drain pour, so if you have some still cellared, it's time to go back and check again.

IMFletcher, Nov 16, 2014
3.49/5  rDev +7.4%

I was skeptical but I enjoy trying tequila-inspired fill-in-the-blanks.

It poured well with a nice head and did in fact remind me of Cuervo at first glance. I can't say there was much of a smell to it, but the taste is fantastic. It has hints of the tequila and oak but it was a little sweeter than I was expecting which was a nice surprise and reminded me a little more of an effervescent tequila sunrise. I enjoyed this beer and if I can get another, I will, maybe try it with a splash of grenadine too. I know, sounds like heresy. Probably is.

SteveTheDog, Jul 10, 2013

mrebeka, Oct 12, 2013

spycow, Oct 25, 2014
3.63/5  rDev +11.7%

Thanks to jmgrub for sharing this one at his tasting.

Pours a slightly murky yellow with a foamy bone colored head that fades to nothing. No lacing on on the drink down. Smell is of malt, salt, jalapeno, wood, tequila, and mint dental floss. Taste is much the same with a salty, spice, and herbal finish on the palate with each sip. This beer has a good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer that is definitely unique and interesting.

UCLABrewN84, Oct 07, 2012
3.25/5  rDev 0%

bauermj, Jun 01, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +38.5%

MatthewPlus, Apr 20, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -15.4%

Soto, Nov 13, 2014
2.35/5  rDev -27.7%

From 12/29/12 notes. Thanks to nimbleprop for sharing this one. 375ml bottle.

a - Pours a hazy deep yellow color with one inch of white head and moderate carbonation evident.

s - Smells of nail polish, tequila, salt, spice, yeast, some oak, and some peppers. Not good; smells a little bit like solvent and tequila with light fruit and salt.

t - Tastes of tequila, oak, bread, salt, spices, peppers, yeast, some fruit, and something weird like mint or floral notes. Worse than the nose, alcohol/solvent is stronger.

m - Medium body and moderate carbonation. Heat from the tequila; not very good.

o - Overall I thought this one was pretty gross. A tequila/alcoholic mess with peppers and spice to it too, no reason to seek this one out other than the novelty of a tequila BA gose.

mdfb79, Jan 04, 2013

beernads, Sep 16, 2013
3.6/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This one kind of came out of nowhere but I'm glad i got a bottle to try. This beer poured out as a deep golden color with a slight haze to it. The head was white while it lasted. The retention is very minimal and so is the lacing... virtually nothing left behind. The smell is much bigger than the non-barrel aged version. The aroma is a bit like eucalyptus to me, it's potent on the nose for sure. There is some wooden elements as well... it's smells kind of medicinal/herbal. Hard to place really. The taste of the beer gives off a sweetness followed up by the saltiness and like other have mentioned on here there is a bit of lime coming through as well. In the finish there is some softer grain flavors and wood. The mouthfeel is oily, decent carbonation and actually gives off some boozy heat as well. Overall it was nice to try but I would stick with the original version of this beer. The barrel aging is interesting but I don't believe the beer benefits from it much.

Knapp85, May 09, 2013
1.6/5  rDev -50.8%

375ml poured into Duvel tulip.
White frothy head. Hazed yellow body. Average carbonation level.

The smell is absolutely horrendous. Carbonated oaky tequila. Unbearable.

This is one of the few beer I literally can not physically drink. The smell is so off putting I kind of gag when I go to sip it. The tiniest sip is revolting. It tastes like if you made a Gose beer out of the water used to clean a tequila barrel.

I pureed it down the drain. Everyone else forced themselves to drink it.

Thankfully this sample was gifted to me. Looks are about all the beer has going for it. Quite expensive and discussing. Kind of a gimmicky beer with the salt of the Gose mixed with the tequila barrel. "Grossator"

mlazzaro, Nov 18, 2012