Estrella Damm - Damm S. A.

Estrella DammEstrella Damm

poor

poor

Damm S. A. visit their website
Spain

American Adjunct Lager |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 12-08-2003)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Estrella Damm Alström Bros

Rhettroactive, Apr 13, 2013
3.25/5  rDev +16.1%

Poupae, Apr 04, 2013

beerhunter13, Apr 04, 2013
2.71/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

On tap at la Bocqueria in NYC

A - Pale yellow water, little bit of fiz and a little bit of lacing

S - a little skunky but mainly metallic

T - Butter sweet and Metallic nothing else to it

M - Could use a bit more carbonation to make it at least refreshing, kind of leaves too much sweetness in the mouth

O - It's what's in tapas bars so you have little other choice, but honestly, it's not that good

DrewSnyc667, Mar 23, 2013

4.5/5  rDev +60.7%

M1ke, Feb 23, 2013
Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +60.7%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Feb 23, 2013

freditoj, Jan 29, 2013
3.5/5  rDev +25%

Lazaro, Jan 27, 2013
3.63/5  rDev +29.6%

I see this beer all the time, but I have never had it. Until I grabbed this to review, I didn't even know what Estrella Damm meant! Estrella means "star", but had no idea Damm came from the guy who started the entire operation. Cool story, and cool how they changed the name of the brewery to honor him. This is a VERY old recipe, and I am excited to try it. Not usually a fan of American Adjunct Lagers, but this one has a good brand and comes to us from Barcelona. Actually it comes to us from the Total Wine & More in Scottsdale, Arizona. But you get the idea.

This is our first beer from this brewing company, but there are several more on the list. Let's see how the Estrella Damm stacks up. Bottoms up, people!

In the Glass: The beer looks pretty boring in the glass. It is thin, and you can see right through it. Some bubbles are rushing to the top, but not much action. Very little to no lace is offered here. Before I stick my nose in the glass, know that I do not expect great things. I expect this to be slightly better than an American domestic product, but a tad bit sweet like I have come to expect from boring European lagers.

Nose: Smells like beer. It has a weak aroma, but what I am getting is grassy and smells like liquid bread. That is what beer is, anyway. Liquid bread! A deep second whiff gives me yeast and some more bread aromas. Expecting a lot of that from the flavor.

Flavor: The first impression is somewhat sweet. It hits your tongue and the sweetness sort of explodes across your palate. Then it drinks like any other American Adjunct Lager I have had, then finishes sweet leaving a linger aftertaste of yeast and bread. Considering my expectations here, I am VERY impressed with this offering. The sweetness sort of took me for a loop. Wasn't expecting that.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is full, and flavorful ending with a smooth sweetness left on the tongue. There aren't a lot of bubbles, and it is a beer you could literally chug all day long. I bet this does well at futbol games in Europe and other foreign countries. This would be a good example of a domestic beer for countries like Spain, Italy, and France. I haven't been to Barcelona, but this will be the first beer I order when I step off the plane.

Aftertaste: The aftertaste is nice, dry, and bittersweet. The sweetness you get from the flavor hangs on and it just continues to get dry as I swallow. I bet the aftertaste hangs around a good 5-7 minutes. VERY impressed with this offering. Fun learning what "estrella" means and neat knowing the man that started this was named Damm. Consider this beer a learning experience all around!

rickyleepotts, Jan 22, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -55.4%

gnikola, Jan 17, 2013
3.5/5  rDev +25%

jadedlilmonkey, Jan 08, 2013

iemailjack, Jan 08, 2013

Poppellian, Jan 04, 2013
Estrella Damm from Damm S. A.