2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Kamakura Prime Beer - Moonlight Rainbow - Kamakura Beer Brewing Company

Kamakura Prime Beer - Moonlight RainbowKamakura Prime Beer - Moonlight Rainbow

1 Rating

pDev: 0%

Kamakura Beer Brewing Company visit their website
Japan

Schwarzbier |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAndBourbon on 05-27-2010)
View: Beers (6) |  Events
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
BeerAndBourbon

3.05/5  rDev 0%

My brother brought this back for me from a trip to Japan. There's a tag on the back that seems to be a best buy date of 09.09.01: he was there in 2009 so I assume this means September 1, 2009.

Reviewed on: July 25, 2009.

A. Pours a very dark black with a creamy tan head that sticks around for awhile and then dissipates with some residual lacing.
S. Smells of roasted malt with a bit of smoke.
T. Roasted malt with some sweet cream, but the roasted malt flavor is by far dominant. If I'm reaching I would say there's some oak there, too.
M. Thin with a high level of carbonation. More refreshing, but less complex than I hoped for.
D. My brother warned me before trying this that Japanese beer was rather disappointing so I got about what I expected. I've read that Kamakura is a start up craft brewer in Japan so I'd likely support them over the macros if I'm ever there, but this tastes like an American macro attempt at a micro beer.

05-27-2010 19:41:50 | More by BeerAndBourbon
Kamakura Prime Beer - Moonlight Rainbow from Kamakura Beer Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.