Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Best Bier - Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.

Best Bier

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 03-01-2005

Reviews by Douberd:
3.03/5  rDev n/a

I don't know why it's registered as a retired beer, I got a can a week ago in a local supermarket and there were plenty more.
ABV 5%.
Made from Bavaria Brewery.
I got this one in a supermarket about a kilometer from my neighboorhood, where I had gone just to check out if I could find a new beer. Well, I got me a new beer but I was a bit disappointing from my findings, since they only had it in cans (where I prefer bottles), the beer looks cheap and also it's called Best and any product which is called Best is going to be average, if you're lucky.
Poured into my standard glass for pilseners. Pale golden yellow colour, with lots of bubbes rising to the surface and two fingers of white head, froathy at first but as it was losing in height, it was gaining in density. The end result was one finger of thick, soapy head, which left some light lacing around the glass. Not bad at all.
On the aroma not uch to report, typical smell of an average pilsener, maybe with some more hay aroma.
Taste is neutral, nothing too offensive either, but at least leaves behind a nice, bitter aftertaste.
Thin on the body with average carbonation, but far from the watery beer I was expecting.
All in all, a decent brew, not the Best, in any case and for the price of 1,14/liter is a very good choice if you want a cheap beer for parties etc. To my surprise, it turned out to be pleasantly drinkable. So I guess as we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, we shouldn't judge a beer from its can.

3/5  rDev n/a

Best Bier from Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.