2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Schneider Lager - Cervecería Schneider

Schneider Lager
No picture uploaded.

Cervecería Schneider
Argentina

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: wordemupg on 08-18-2011)
View: Beers (1) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 7 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Tebuken

Argentina

Another argentine industrial beverage that doesn´t reach the minimum profile to be declared as a beer.
They stay at the shelter of knowing that argentine people know about wine tasting but do not know anything regarding beer tastes.Moreover, beers are more available to poor people due to less prices than other alcoholic beverages.I really don´t understand how they get the permission to commercialize such nasty products.

01-30-2012 04:25:26 | More by Tebuken
RyanGoodman

Bolivia

1.43/5  rDev -34.7%

The top of the can claims that it is made using a traditional German recipe. Sorry Schneider, not even close. Also, this can claims an alcohol % of 4.7

Schneider lager gives off a sparkle in the glass, but it's a dim one. Having barely reached a dull yellow in color, it also lets off carbonation in the form of bubbles popping on the surface. A soapy thinning head graces the top of this beer.

The effervescent carbonation produces a "beer-like" aroma. However, I am not fooled. It only wants you to think that it's beer.

Taste delivers what we've all been been expecting...low quality mass production, all the way. Adjuncts? No doubt about it. As the ingredients list on the side of the can notes, "cereals" have been added. Well, we all know how well corn grows in Argentina. The taste is less than hoped for, with soapiness leading, you also get a teasing of malt, and barely noticeable bitterness or aroma from the hops.

If this beer had a saving grace, it would be the wash over the palate. And my palate tells me that I think I'm drinking a beer.

Final notes. The list of ingredients also include: antioxidant 224, and stabilizer 405. I'm sure you can draw your own conclusion on that one. If I had a choice between this and lemonade....I'd hesitate....but still choose a Schneider. Hey, it's beer!

Thanks to my Japanese friend who brought me my first Argentinian beer!

Serving type: can

12-31-2012 22:09:50 | More by RyanGoodman
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

2.15/5  rDev -1.8%

970ml bottle poured into pint glass 18/8/11

A clear straw yellow with lots of bubbles but little in the way of head or lace

S sweet candied corn and little else

T perhaps some faint grassy hops but skunk overtakes it

M light and decent carbonation, fairly clean finish

O more water then beer, little flavor and whats there is not that great

sorta pissed i have a liter of this stuff to deal with, don't waste your time

08-18-2011 23:48:05 | More by wordemupg
Schneider Lager from Cervecería Schneider
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.