Grolsch Non-Alcoholic - Grolsch Bierbrouwerij N.V.

Grolsch Non-AlcoholicGrolsch Non-Alcoholic

pDev: n/a
Grolsch Bierbrouwerij N.V. visit their website
Netherlands

Low Alcohol Beer |  ABV ?

Beer added by: biboergosum on 01-09-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by biboergosum:
3.47/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

500ml can. I'm surprised that no one has yet added this to BA - it's available everywhere around here, liquor and grocery stores alike. No mention of the actual ABV on the label.

This beer pours a crystal clear, pale golden yellow colour, with two pudgy fingers of puffy, silken foamy eggshell white head, which leaves a decent array of drooping layered lace around the glass as it gently subsides.

It smells of grainy, somewhat bready cereal malt, a bit of aged lemon, and earthy, floral hops. The taste is more bready, crackery malt, hefty Cheerios and Corn Flakes overtones, a musty drupe fruitiness, some tame metallic notes, and mild leafy, weedy hops.

The carbonation is quite sedate, but not entirely out of it, the body medium-light in weight - so, pretty stellar for the style - with a fly in the ointment flintiness that kind of mars an otherwise straight-up smoothness. It finishes off-dry, the cereal graininess still the big dog, while the fruit and hop essences skitter about, scrounging for a scrap of attention.

Well, a not too shabby no-booze lager, that's for sure. It beats the regular Grolsch, but that just may be the delta in the packaging materials - can vs. green freaking glass. Anyway - if I couldn't have/take the ol' alcohol, and I really wanted a malty lager, then this would be a handsome choice.

2.29/5  rDev n/a
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

I've tried a few non/low alch. beers lately, trying to cut back on the alcohol and calories so I am still looking.

I like the regular Grolsch so thought this might be worth a shot... it has the bitterness of the regular Grolsch but not much of the rest of the beer taste... it is not bad as some are with that nasty fake beer taste and it has enough carbonation so I can't vote it down as harshly as some, but it still doesn't taste or look like real beer.. it looks close but you could tell.

I could probably force myself to drink a couple on a really hot day unlike most non-alch. beers so I guess that is a bonus...

2.7/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

500ml can poured into pint glass 28/3/15

A clear straw yellow, big fast bubbles feed a well sustained two finger head that leaves lots of random lace deep down the glass

S dry cereal, wet leaves, grass, cardboard, just a hint of apple, not a whole lot going on but nothing offensive

T totally different from the nose, tastes like a brewery smells, spent used up barley, tastes like an orchard floor in the fall with some rotting fruit

M watery, fluffs up and flattens out instantly, aftertaste is better then the actual taste

O this one just didn't do it for me, started out OK then went downhill, I know its a macro alcohol free brew but there's better out there if you can't have real beer

I knew I was going to have a hard time with my prescription induced abstinence from booze but this is starting to get to me. I might need to buy a belt if this keeps up, what night are the tickers anonymous meetings again?

to view more.
Grolsch Non-Alcoholic from Grolsch Bierbrouwerij N.V.
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.