Rosé - Gulpener Bierbrouwerij B.V.

RoséRosé

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  3.50% ABV

Beer added by: Regenpak on 03-14-2008

Reviews by Regenpak:
1.72/5  rDev n/a

According to the label on the trendy longneck bottle: "A pure wheat beer accentuated with the aroma of red fruits. A sensual light and unique beer, splendidly balanced, with a sparkling aftertaste. Rosé by Gulpener.... surprisingly fruity, amazingly delicious!"

According to me: Lemonade. OK, let me elaborate some more. There is a hint of kriekenbier, but not the lovely cherry/gueuze ensemble. It's like they took witbier, or Gulpener Dort, added water to bring down the ABV and then added lemonade syrup. I think I taste raspberry but the only fruit listed is elderflower. Which could be true as it also reminds me of elderberry jam... There is a slightly bitter aftertaste. The color seen in the brown bottle (which I drank it from) is a rather nice orange, but that's about the only positive I can say about this beer. I've tried several of these newish Rosé beers, none of which particularly appealed to me, but this one is the worst by far. But then, I'm not the target audience :-D (994 characters)

Rosé from Gulpener Bierbrouwerij B.V.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.