Light - Naturbier

pDev: 0%
Naturbier
Spain

Light Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-30-2003)
Reviews by Douglas14:
3.15/5  rDev 0%

I'm reviewing this as a light lager although I think the style listed is correct. As te other reviewer noted, it is extremely difficult to get an information about this beer from the people at the restaurant.

It pours a hazy straw color with a creamy white head that resides too quickly but leaves ok lace. I gripped the mug with my hands to warm it. There are a definIte ester present. Not at all what a lager should smell like. Like the "toasted" Naturbier, there is also a hot alcohol coming from it. These aromas cover up the malt/grain aroma that I look for in a beer like this. The taste has some sweetness and I a nice noble hop spice presence. If I had to bet, I would think this is more of a
Munich helles. It's got a nice medium mouthfeel and enough drinkability to put down 2 or 3 0.2L servings when it's hot, as Madrd tends to be in the summer.

Edit: this is, in fact, a Munich Helles. I will email BA to correct the style, upon so I will re-review the beer.

If you're reading this review to judge wether or not to get this beer, don't use this as a vital reference. Beers like this one, which are hard to classify and find information about, have a hard time on BA because of the obscurity.

Despite the score I have given this beer, please go and try it for yourself. You'll see what I mean. I reviewed this beer based on the style listed, which could possibly be wrong.

Douglas14, Jul 13, 2009
Light from Naturbier
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.