Tennent's Strong Lager - Tennent Caledonian Breweries

Tennent's Strong LagerTennent's Strong Lager

Tennent Caledonian Breweries visit their website
United Kingdom (Scotland)

Euro Strong Lager |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Sheldon on 10-18-2002)
View: Beers (9) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by travolta:
travolta

Apperance:
Head retention is minimal, lacing is decent. The color is a shiny, clear, gold.

Nose:
Dry and a bit malty. Wheat, sweet malt.

Taste:
Crisp, frothy, straw, wheat. Crispy and slightly hoppy.

Notes:
Had this at a great pub in Stanley on the Falkland Islands. Therefor, I appologize for the lack of creativity in this review.

Serving type: nitro-can

01-25-2008 23:12:33 | More by travolta
lackenhauser

Maryland

3.2/5  rDev -4.8%

This is known as Tennents "Super" in Scotland.Same beer so I didnt add it as a seperate product.Pours a deep amber yellow with a slight head that quicly fades.Very well carbonated however.Little aroma-whats there hints at the 9% abv.Malty flavor with a very slight hop bitterness.Full mouthfeel,somewhat smooth going down.Very drinkable brew but it will sneak up on you in a hurry.This is basically their answer to malt liquor.Unfortunately a lot of the alkies are seen drinking this-more bang for their buck or pound as the case may be.A good enough beer-Id prefer a wee heavy if I had my choice while there.

Serving type: can

01-24-2004 21:07:34 | More by lackenhauser
AtLagerHeads

4.03/5  rDev +19.9%

I was offered this at a very small, backstreet bar in Bermuda last March, and it made a very strong impression. Like the regular US import lager I've been drinking since then, this needs to be gotten as fresh as possible to avoid spoilage from the green bottle. This lager is a great offering from Scotland. Good pale gold color with a thick white head. Very full and rich, you know the alcohol is strong. It finishes with a very nice and strong bitter farewell. Haven't seen it near home, but would like to get it again. Great labeling on the light green bottle makes sure you know it's from capital T.

03-09-2003 11:21:32 | More by AtLagerHeads
Sheldon

Washington

4.2/5  rDev +25%

The bottle states "Brewers of Strength" and at 9% I will have to agree. It looks of a dark yellow malt with what seemed to be millions of carbonation bubbles constantly rising to the surface for the duration of the beer. It left a nice lace ring around the top of the glass that extended to the bottom. The malt and hops mixed with the alcohol aroma hit me while I was pouring the beer, which I found rather pleasant. The taste was right along the same lines, as the malt and hops flavor stood out and after a second or two I could feel a slight alcohol flavor in my throat, which again I found somewhat impressive. I am not a big lager fan, however every now and then I will consume a small amount as to reminisce about my younger days. I do not categorize this as an everyday lager and will most likely build a supply for those "I want a quick buzz evenings.” Tennants Strong Lager left a lingering flavor on my tongue that continued to entice me for more. Very drinkable and very impressive, when my buddy returns from his 4 1/2 month stint in a dry desert country he will definitely have a hangover lurking in the shadows due to its drinkability. Good Stuff Maynard!

10-18-2002 06:24:10 | More by Sheldon
Tennent's Strong Lager from Tennent Caledonian Breweries
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.