Full Sail Amber - Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub

good

Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub visit their website
Oregon, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  5.50% ABV

"Our Amber is a sweet, malty, medium-bodied ale with a spicy, floral hop finish. It's brewed with 2-row Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts. And we hop it with Mt. Hoods and Cascades. We're as proud of it today as we were back in '89. And over the years it's earned 14 Gold Medals. Not that we're keeping track or anything.

ABV 5.5% IBU 31"

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 12-02-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Full Sail Amber Alström Bros

An outstanding amber. Gorgeous color. Full bodied. Smooth with a little bite to it. Very easy to drink. Goes with anything from steak to pizza.

One of the first amber beers I ever had (back in the 1990s) and it is still great. I am not able to find it in Indiana, but had a friend pack some down from Minnesota for me. Just awesome.

4.89/5  rDev +30.7%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

A. Lovely amber hue, and copper. Nice creamy head, and generous lacing left behind throughout the beer.

S. Smells of rich malts, toffee caramel.

T. Big bold malts upfront, hops come into play balancing this ale. The finish is coffee, caramel, and chocolate notes at the end.

M. Has a nice full mouthfeel, that really makes this easy to drink.

O. This is my favorite amber ale by far!! Full Sail Brewing Company puts out good solid beers, I recommend this highly!!

Cheeers!!!

4.8/5  rDev +28.3%

4.78/5  rDev +27.8%

Note to heinzdog - try this one again. Maybe you just had a bad bottle or pour.
The bottle to pint glass that I had this afternoon was ice cold and had a 4 finger head. It didn't last long in the glass as the glass went down smooth & fast.

A refreshing amber - similiar to Alakan Amber

So far my favorite beer of the summer.

4.78/5  rDev +27.8%

Beer pours a nice dark & rich color with a full body.
Taste is refreshingly smooth. This is my favorite beer!!!! Nice vanilla colored head, with hints of mustyness all around. A lot of lace. Dances off the palate, try this one boys, you won't be disappointed.

4.76/5  rDev +27.3%

4.72/5  rDev +26.2%

This is my first beer rating so I will fumble through it. I try to try a new beer every week and the week I choose Full Sail Amber I was truley impressed. It poured a beautiful red amber color and had a nice fruity smell. And he best the flavor was super. It was t

4.7/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This really is a great beer. I was at the Harris Teeter (grocery store) trying to decide what to get from their huge (but depleted for Memorial day) selection. When I saw Full Sail labled their Amber "Ridiculously Tasty" I was sold, plus it was a reasonable price (under 10 for a 6er) for a true craft-brew.

Appearance is great, keeping a tight small head, with distinct lacing all the way down the glass. The smell is of hops, and malt, well balanced.

Taste too is excellent--with the sweet carmel malt perfectly matched to the hops. NOT a hop-head's beer, with probably no more than 30 or 35 IBUs, but BALANCED....the key to all good beer. This beer is what amber ales should all aspire to be...or rather their brewers' aspire to produce!

Just a good, hearty beer, extremely well crafted, filling, and refreshing.

4.56/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Look: Poured into a pint. Copper/amber in color. About one finger of head which is not retained for long.

Smell: Fruitcake, sweet, bread, hops, citrus. VERY good smell.

Taste: Wow. Maybe this is a honeymoon phase with the taste here, but This is fantastic! A perfect blend of malts, hops, sweet citrus flavors, fruit flavors. It's about as perfect as I could imagine this style of beer. Very impressed!

Feel: Very easy drinking. Very refreshing. Carbonation is on the high side, making it thirst quenching

Overall: Why have I never had this stuff before. Very, VERY impressed with this brew. I've been obsessed with RIS's and other stouts lately and wanted to explore a bit into lighter colored ale's. Glad I picked this one at random.

4.55/5  rDev +21.7%

The beer pours a beautiful amber color wtih 2 fingers of head that falls very slowly to a finger over the beer. The nose is a really nice caramel malt base with a great floral and citrus hop dancing in and out. This beer smells great. The flavor is heavy caramel, almost a light coffee flavor. There is just enough hop to give it a beautiful finish. As it warms, there are some fruity tones that come out as well. The feel is moderate to thick, easy drinking and smooth. This beer is damn good. I really wish I could get it here in the middle lands.

4.53/5  rDev +21.1%

poured from a bottle into a pint glass

A - pours a dark amber with perfect clarity, nice two finger head. Head retention all the way down the glass and leaves moderate lacing.

S - hops and malts with a very pleasant smell of apricot greet the nose. Strong enough, but not over-powering

T - a light bit of hops on the nose, followed by a very sweet body. I can best describe the body as tasting like apricot-strudel bread. Hops show their presence on the aftertaste and a wonderful apricot aftertaste is left on the tongue. Brilliant!!! (half a point off for a slightly bitter taste left in the mouth after the apricot taste has died away)

M - very light with moderate carbonation. Suits the style well, could be a little heavier.

D - Simply an all around great beer, I could drink these all night. This gives Great Lakes Burning River APA a run for it's money as my favorite beer. A steel at under six bucks a six here in Oregon. Kind of makes me sad I have to go back to Ohio for college...

4.5/5  rDev +20.3%