Full Sail Wassail - Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub

Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub visit their website
Oregon, United States

Winter Warmer |  7.20% ABV

Availability: Fall

"A deep mahogany color, Wassail is brewed with four different malts and a blend of Pacific Northwest hops, giving it a malty full body and a pleasantly hoppy finish that appeals to both hop and malt lovers alike. In other words, a Christmas miracle."

ABV 7% IBU 56

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-25-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Full Sail Wassail Alström Bros

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

2002 release. Very nice looking brew. A dark, dark red body, almost brown, very much like the color of a barleywine. The head is light tan (also like barleywine) and retains exceptionally. Aroma is that of pine and Christmas tree-like hops, very nice touch, I was waiting for a Christmas beer that was hopped like this. Combined with that is a toasted malt, making a very unique aroma. Just a touch of fruitiness is in there as well. As for the flavors, wow, this is very unique as well. The hops are definitely American-style, while the malt is very English. Hops are more spicy here, with the Christmas tree/pine character being more of an undertone. A bit of citrus is noticeable as well. The malt is toasted, sweet, and bread-like. In addition to all of that, I'm getting some dried fig. Excellent beer, very drinkable. Definitely much more than I was expecting from it. I'll definitely have this again, and again, and again...

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

I love this beer. I had to hold it up to the window to peek through the beer. The view of my neighborhood seemed to be filtered by the sepia setting on my camera. Perfect lacing. I wish I could comment more on the smell but my nose is stuffed up. The taste was wonderful - Angels at a track meet stomping all over my tastebuds. My mind chased the bitter, smokey, sweet and malty tastes swirling in my mouth cave. Each swallow is like a curtain opening down my throat with exciting sensations. Damn, I love this beer.

Full Sail Wassail from Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub