Get FREE shipping on all US orders of $25 or more from the BeerAdvocate Store.

No promo code required. Offer valid through 4/30.

Ready to gear up? Start shopping →

Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub
Oregon, United States | website

Style: German Pilsener

Availability: Summer

"Well looky here, a crisp new pilsner-style lager all ready to rock your tastebuds' little world. The latest addition to our LTD series is pale-golden in color, featuring a spicy floral hop aroma, malty medium body, and a smooth, thirst quenching finish.

ABV 5.6% IBU 35"

Added by msubulldog25 on 05-27-2009

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 132 | Ratings: 230
2.93/5  rDev -19.3%

12 oz. bottle,

A: Pours yellow with a firm white head, very good retention some lace.

S: Crisp hop attack, lightly sour malt.

T: Soft bready malt with a very earthy hop profile, too earthy for my tastes, not a classic pilsner flavour.

M: Medium-bodied, too heavy IMO for the style, tends to sit on the tongue, needs to be cleaner.

D: An OK stab at the style, but I wasn't really into it, average drinkablity at best.

2.9/5  rDev -20.1%

Pours a clear straw yellow with a foamy and not very persistent white head. Aroma is crisp, malty, and not very strong. Flavor, fortunately, is better - strong, almost mouth-filling, malty with hoppy and fruity hints. Flavor is smooth, satisfying, just a little fizzy.

2.87/5  rDev -20.9%

I poured This beer into my tumbler at 45 degrees. The beer was a nice golden color and poured a pretty nice white looking head. I did not like the smell. It was sour like and I do not like that. The taste however was not. It was more of a sweet taste that left an odd burn on my tongue. Okay beer but not going to buy again.

2.8/5  rDev -22.9%

A - sparse head with some lacing

S- pretty light hop/malt aroma

T/M - kinda fizzy, more than I expected and it lingered. somewhat bitter finish, disappointed with the taste - for some reason I was really looking forward to this beer and it was a bit of let down.

D - wouldn't turn it down but would not seek it out.

2.78/5  rDev -23.4%

** Performed Blind Tasting **

Appearance - Deep golden color with a pillowy head.
Smell - Floral and citrus
Taste - Orange, grapefruit but not bitter, simple, taste a little watery
Mouthfeel - crisp and sharp

Overall - A nice lager with a simple taste but could use more snappiness and dryness to be a good pils.

2.6/5  rDev -28.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

12 fl oz brown glass bottle with twist-off pressure cap served into a Uinta brewing glass in me gaff in low altitude Los Feliz, California. Acquired at a Trader Joe's for somewhere between 1 and 2 dollars. Reviewed live. Expectations are average given the brewery.

Served straight from the refrigerator. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

A: Pours a four finger beige head of decent cream, decent thickness, and good retention. Colour is a light pale yellow. Transparent and translucent. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Not extraordinarily vibrant. Pretty standard for the style.

Sm: Dry malts and generic floral hopping - I'd guess saaz or spalt. Straw. Generic barley. An average strength aroma. This is shaping up to be pretty meh.

T: Straw and barley form the foundation, with minimal specialty malts coming through. Background floral hopping is hardly noticeable. Obscenely simple. Boring and bland. Not at all subtle. Very meh.

Mf: Smooth and wet, with some increased coarseness and dryness in the third act. Light. Too thick for the lack of flavour.

Dr: Drinkable but boring and bland. I wouldn't bother with this again. Another mediocre offering from Full Sail. Why brew this? If I wanted affordable pasasable garbage, I'd buy Simpler Times pilsner.

C-

2.37/5  rDev -34.7%

As a fan of Full Sail products I really wanted to like this one but I didn't.
It looks great...very clear golden color topped with a snow white head that lasts.
It claims to be in the league of imported pilsners...Stella, Heineken, Peroni, Becks, etc. But against any of these I think it falls flat.
And that's because to me this beer tasted kinda like soda water with a squirt of 'bitter juice' in it. I didn't get any sweet, biscuity or bready malt flavor and the hops were pure bitterness, no detectable flavor.
I remember reading that when Full Sail formed an alliance with Miller so they could brew Henry Weinhard's, they gained a lot of brewing knowledge by meeting with the Miller chemists and brewers. And I guess that's what this LTD 03 tastes like to me...Miller beer.
I like the Full Sail Pale Ale, Amber Ale and IPA. But this one? No dice.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last