Hopfenfrisch Fresh Hop Pilsner - Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 3 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by Sky2625:
4.13/5 rDev +3.3%
Poured to a standard pint glass @ Locol (from notes taken 10/23/11):
A - Pours pale golden yellow with a hint of orange. A tiny bit of haze. 1/2 finger translucent white head. Low retention, slightly sticky lace. A couple of carbonation streams were present. Shines golden in the light.
S - Slight piney hop, but also a slight skunky sulphury earthy spiciness from the fresh hops. Moderately sweet light malt hides underneath.
T - Piney earthy hop fresh hop flavor hits immediately. Moderate cirtus tang follows, punctuated by a blast of sweet malt and honey citrus, and then eases into mild-to-moderate grapefruit bitterness. Finishes with lingering mild bitterness and freshly sweet citrus.
M - Slightly fizzy carbonation, with the fizz lingering on the tongue. Slightly sticky, but also dry. Fresh and sudsy, but not very crisp. Mild-to-medium body.
D - Fresh hop adds great flavor to the pilsner character, it totally complements the pilsner style here. Decent and tasty.
03-02-2012 06:02:18 | More by Sky2625
More User Reviews:
4.22/5 rDev +5.5%
Just had this badboy of a Pilsner on-tap at their brewpub...
- Clear golden straw yellow pilsner... fizzy and fluffy white head... left a nice thin layer on top... great lacing...
- Wonderful funky hops, grassy, skunky, herbal... and yet very citrusy, orange, grapefruit, lemon zest... light grain and sweetness... awesome.
- What a smooth citrusy yet very Czech-like hopping... grassy, skunky, herbal... mild grain, sweetness... biscuit...
- Light bodied, great carbonation... lightly drying..
- One of the best Pilsners I have had... very easy to drink, tasty hops galore.. and the citrus, orange, lemon notes don't even overpower the true Pilsner hop flare.. it is so very well blended.
09-17-2010 02:28:40 | More by Docer
4.38/5 rDev +9.5%
Served on tap at McCormick & Schmick's into a shaker glass
A- Poured a very clear light straw yellow color with a frothy head that left glass coating lace
S- Big bright citrusy and grapefruit hops, sweet cracker malt character, and breadiness. Fresh aroma
T- Lots of bright grassy, citrusy, and grapefruit hop flavors with a nice sweet cracker and bready malt backbone.
M- Soft carbonation, very dry, lighter body, refreshing and easy to drink
O- Very fresh tasting and great balance of malt and hop flavors with almost no bitterness. A fantastic pilsner.
10-28-2012 23:32:31 | More by Hoptometrist
Hopfenfrisch Fresh Hop Pilsner from Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.