The Lost Fugawi Ale - Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill

Beer added by: StoutHunter on 01-23-2011

35 IBU's
Reviews by Hazer115:
4.33/5  rDev -1.1%

A: Red with about a 1/2" head that stuck around.

S: Sweet and fruity slightly alcoholic smell.

T: Less bitter than I was expecting, very fruity with hints of of maple syrup. Very little alcohol taste for the weight.

M: Cool, crisp and effervescent. Good amount of carbonation.

O: I would definitely recommend this beer to friends or even someone who is new to beer. While it does have rather strong alcohol content, it doesn't have the punch or aftertaste normally attributed with high alcohol beers.

4.12/5  rDev -5.9%

I picked up a growler of this last week at the brewpub. I was looking for something new to try and was told by the bartender that this was a good quad, so I got it. It's one cold ass night in Mid Michigan so a nice big quad should do the trick. Poured from a growler into my chalice.

A- This beer pours a deep dark amber color, its about as dark as an amber can get get before it is brown. It had a super thin off white head that quickly disappeared.

S- I pick up lots of dark fruits and candied sugar. There's also a nice presence of caramel followed by a hint of booze.

T- This beer is pretty malty up front. Just like the aroma there was tons of dark fruits and candied sugar. After that some caramel, and sweet fruits like red apples and brown raisins come through. This beer finishes a little boozy, but that's to be expected at 12.8%. I also picked up a little yeasty spiciness. I couldn't detect any hops in this brew.

M- Medium bodied, but a little on the thick side with average carbonation.

D- I will be sharing this growler with my brother, and we intend to kill it tonight. If I drank the whole growler I would probably end up feeling like shit in the morning. I find this beer more drinkable then most quads. The alcohol is noticeable but not overwhelming.

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice quad. Even though I don't have too much experience in this style, it's one I really like and appreciate. I thought the flavors were good and it had good balance. Another good brew from Black Forest, thanks for being the best brew pub around.

The Lost Fugawi Ale from Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.