McGale's Pale Ale - Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill

McGale's Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill visit their website

English Pale Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: StoutHunter on 04-14-2011)
3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

CSFerrier, May 20, 2012

jmich24, Dec 06, 2011
3.98/5  rDev +6.4%

I got a growler of McGale's Pale Ale for $5 at Black Forest. I haven't had a chance to try this one yet and since it is starting to feel like spring a pale ale sounded like a good choice for the night. I got this fresh from black forest and it was poured from a growler into a imperial pint glass.

A- This beer poured a dark red/amber color, I have never seen a pale ale look this dark, looks more like a Irish Red. It had three fingers worth of fluffy off white head that died down to a thick ring that left some nice lacing. This is a good looking beer.

S- The aroma is pretty muted, I pick up some slightly sweet pale malts, a little bit of dried dark fruits and some grassy and earthy hops at the end.

T- The malt backbone of this beer is grainy, mild, and serves as a good base with a light amount of sweetness. The dark dried fruits carry over from the aroma but they are not that noticeable. The hops are light and earthy with a very slight amount of bitterness at the end. A pretty mild and tame tasting beer.

M- Crisp, light bodied, and perfect carbonation, spot on for the style.

Overall this was a pretty good English Pale Ale. This beer was all about the malts, I an used to the hop heavy APA's so this makes for a nice change. I like how EPA's focus more on the malts and the drinkability, APA's tend to lose some of that with all the hops that are added. Even though the flavors were mild and subdued in the end I enjoyed this beer. The mild flavors made for a good beer to go with dinner and combined with everything else made this beer have great drinkability and made for a good session beer, a growlers worth of this was just enough for me. My favorite EPA to date. I will be getting refills of this again and I recommend it to anyone that wants a mild easy drinking session beer or a proper dinner beer. This is another quality brew from Black Forest.

StoutHunter, Apr 14, 2011
McGale's Pale Ale from Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.