Mr. Mojo Weizen - Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill

No picture uploaded.

Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.20% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: StoutHunter on 06-01-2011)
3.5/5  rDev +3.9%

tommy5, Aug 30, 2013
3.23/5  rDev -4.2%

I picked up a growler of Mr. Mojo Weizen for $5 at Black Forest a couple days ago. I knew it was suppose to warm up during the week so I figured I should get something light and flavorful for the warm weather and since I haven't tried this brew before it seemed like a good choice. I got this filled a couple days ago fresh from black forest. Poured from a growler into a weizen glass.

A- I like the name of this beer, sounds like it could be a Jim Morrison reference. It poured a strange pale yellowish white color that was pretty damn cloudy, it kind of looked like a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade. It had three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to nothing after a couple minutes.

S- Not a whole lot going on in the aroma but there is some light aromas of banana and cloves along with some typical pale wheat aromas. There is also some sweet candy like sugar in the aroma that combined with banana and cloves makes for a faint bubble gum like aroma.

T- The taste starts off with the clove and banana flavors I was expecting, just like in the aroma they are lighter then I expected. The sweetness seems to be kept in check nicely. The yeast used in this beer creates a slightly tart flavor that I wasn't expecting but I liked it. The yeast also imparted some light bubblegum flavors that I detected in the aroma.

M- It had a semi dry finish and was medium bodied, I would have liked it just a little lighter. Carbonation was good and suited this beer nicely.

Overall I thought this was an OK Pale Wheat Ale. I got this beer because I wanted something light and flavorful for the hot weather and it didn't quite live up my expectations. The drinkability of this beer was great, it went down real smooth and hit the spot in the middle of the afternoon, but the flavors were just a little to light for my liking, I would have liked a little more banana and clove to go along with that bubblegum flavor. I wasn't to impressed with the look of this beer, the white color it had was weird and not too appealing. If I want a light refreshing Pale Wheat Ale from Black Forest I think I will stick with the Shake Weight Wheat, I liked how it was lighter and more flavorful. If you haven't had it before it's worth a try but to me it plays second fiddle to Shake Weight Wheat.

Side note- I had about a pint left in the growler that I decided to save for the next day, I have done this with many other Black Forest beers with no problem at all, but something weird happened to this one, it turned almost completely white, much more cloudier and it had globs of white goo in the bottom, smelled skunky and way different then it did the day before, it was undrinkable and drain poured. I have never seen a beer do this before, maybe it was because of the unique yeast they added either way this beer should be killed the day you open it.

StoutHunter, Jun 01, 2011
Mr. Mojo Weizen from Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.