1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Boss Beer - BOSS Browar Witnica S.A.

Boss BeerBoss Beer

poor

BOSS Browar Witnica S.A. visit their website
Poland

Euro Strong Lager |  8.10% ABV

(Beer added by: soulgrowl on 05-28-2006)
4.06/5  rDev +50.9%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pretty decent beer overall. Nice and strong, quite flavorful, kinda sweet. Not bad at all.

2.4/5  rDev -10.8%

1.61/5  rDev -40.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

If your boss is a lazy prick who doesn't care about presentation, benefits or general tastefulness, then the name of this beer is well suited. I drink this as I write this review, and much like a horrible job with said boss, it gets worse with every sip, like every passing day is worse than the last. I refuse to stop, however, because I did pay for this and I desire the effects of a promised 8% ABV. Disappointing, considering that the Black Boss Porter rates rather well with me. This... never again.

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%

1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

2.44/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Served in a chilled pint glass

Keep this short and sweet, like this beer.

Minimal aroma, a little honey, cut grass that's been rained on and sat around.

Taste is sweet, too sweet. Lack of flavor. Honey, grain, and a little salty in some instances

Rough beer. Carbonation minimal, flavor underwhelming, and just missing the mark

Only thing that saves this is high abv, which is inflated due to euro measuring standards.

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

3.5/5  rDev +30.1%

1.44/5  rDev -46.5%

cereal. sweet and floral and cereal. before I even sip it, I must say the abv HAS to be the best thing about this one.... no? IF you can get it down... from Bourbon County to THIS...? kind of like the state of our nation, no? could this be the Obama of the beer world?? I also want to state that I DID NOT capitalize his name above... damned democrat spell checker... barf beer, at its best. last beer of the evening for me. figured i'd get rid of the garbage.... and I know because I had the 'black' one a few weeks ago. took all I had to grab this one from the frig. and, being partly polish, I am utterly ashamed of their beer making prowess... this might have been a winner when I was 15 and pimping beer, but geez, this stuff is GARBAGE now that I understand what beer CAN taste like... blehhh. does that translate to a number? if you're reading this right now, you're too close!!! I mean, seriously, if you're reading this right now, you must have bought this crap like I did. i'm sorry. just remember, friends don't let friends drink $h*t beer... save the world... slap it out of their hands if you see them reach for it... aaahhhggg... barf. I believe I have sufficient legal grounds to sue Total Wine for selling me this.... put it back and move to another country...

1.79/5  rDev -33.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a clear gold with a foamy off-white head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Foamy swaths of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, minerals, slight smoke, and pickle or cucumber aromas. Taste is much the same with grain and vegetal flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is quite a poor beer with a really weird pickle-like smell and flavors that make this one a chore to drink.

1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

Poured from 500mL bottle into a dimpled mug.

Appearance: medium golden hue with a crystal-clear body and a light effervescence. Head is a finger of quickly-dissipating white foam. Not too bad.

Smell: strongish aroma of wet grain and dank dampness. Not great.

Taste: sweet, dank dampness and a bit of alcohol bite. Kind of sickly tasting. Not good.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a decent carbonation. OK, but ... I don't really want to drink any more to judge the mouthfeel.

Overall: not among my favorite beers. I think this bad boy is going to be a drain pour.

3.43/5  rDev +27.5%

Golden body, thick white head, sticky rings down the glass. Light, bready malt notes in the smell. Sweet grass. Taste mirrors the aroma character, coming across like a sweet cookie dough. Bitterness is faint, primarily making its presence at the finish. Medium mouthfeel, a bit sugary.

An okay brew. A bit on the sweet side for me, but not overpowering with its alcohol content (as far as flavor goes). I'd drink it again, but it probably just would not be my first choice if other options were available.

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

Boss Beer from BOSS Browar Witnica S.A.