Zingi Ginger Beer - Browary Warmińsko-Mazurskie Jurand Sp. Z O.o.

Zingi Ginger BeerZingi Ginger Beer

Browary Warmińsko-Mazurskie Jurand Sp. Z O.o. visit their website
Poland

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 07-14-2006)
Reviews by xav33:
xav33

2.23/5  rDev +1.4%

Jurand Zingi Ginger Beer
1/2 liter bottle
Moderate pour in a shaker.
Recent brewing (?), tried 06/07

Poured a clear golden brown with a moderate fizzy mostly diminishing white head. It looks like ginger ale!

Smelt of moderate german perfumey hops and light ginger and grain.

Taste was upfront moderate sweet real ginger and faint grains and hops bitterness followed by more of the same.

Palate was light bodied, slightly creamy like a soda pop would be, and fizzy.

Overall, the true ginger flavors are very well done, but that is the only saving grace of this beer. In fact, the added sugar and color give it more of a pop feel. Hardly into beer territory anymore.

06-28-2007 17:56:22 | More by xav33
TastyTaste

1.38/5  rDev -37.3%

Holy cow, this stuff smells strong. Mostly euro lager grassy malt, with only a hint of ginger evident. Clear gold body, fast fading head. Taste is overly sweet, very cloying. The flavor is loud and obnoxious, not going well with the corny grains in the background. I can't recommend this at all, I would say stay away. I took away it's flavor points. This is a drain pour for me.

09-22-2006 02:31:16 | More by TastyTaste
gmfessen

1.5/5  rDev -31.8%

Never had a ginger beer before... not quite sure what to expect. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, beer is a light golden color with a soapy looking bubbly head. The smell is definitely of ginger, reminds me of ginger ale... go figure. The taste is also of ginger, and very un-enjoyable. Tastes more like a diet soft drink gone horribly wrong than a beer. The mouthfeel is very light and lightly carbonated; dry. This beer is probably the worst beer I have ever had and I'm not sure if it's the ginger or the artificial sweeteners added or the combination... either way, doesn’t try this unless you have some weird obsession with ginger.

02-01-2007 05:20:10 | More by gmfessen
Mitchster

2.48/5  rDev +12.7%

$1.99 for a 500ml bottle. 4.7% ABV, brewed with "Natural Flavors, Caramel Color and Artificial Sweeteners Added". Pours out to a crystal clear golden, forming a small rocky white head with poor retention and absent lacing. Carbonation is moderate. The nose is peculiar and enjoyable...imagine a slightly skunked Eurolager with a lot of fresh ginger. The mouthfeel is initially crisp and light bodied, hampered by a syrupy sweetness. The thing that stands out about the flavor of this beer (besides the biting ginger), is the sweetness. Way too sweet, IMO. Bitterness is absent with a soda-like sweetness lingering in the aftertaste. The ginger is not particularly hot or overly spicy. Wierd lemon metallic chemical grain flavor hanging around in the finish. The sweetness is cloying.

Hrmm, not my cup of tea. Interesting, but not very drinkable. Wouldn't buy this one again.

07-07-2007 19:29:51 | More by Mitchster
BuckeyeNation

Iowa

1.68/5  rDev -23.6%

Textbook amber with pale lemon trim. It's an attractive enough hue, except for the fact that it took caramel color to get it there. The dirty white cap holds on long enough to be respectable and leaves no more than a smattering of watery lace.

The beer smells like freshly grated ginger root. Since this is a ginger beer, that's a good thing (I'd hate for it to smell like rutabagas for instance). Since the brewery, in addition to admitting that they use caramel color and artificial sweeteners (yikes!), says that natural flavors have been added, I can only presume that real ginger was used.

I didn't think it was possible for a beer's flavor to be so much worse than its aroma. Those two attributes are usually at least somewhat closely related. Zingi is a train wreck. Hey, I just noticed that there's a train engine on the label. Coincidence? Breaking it down will be difficult since I have to actually drink more of the beer to do it. Here goes...

Ginger is identifiable, but it's mired in a sickly sweet, artificial tasting, plastic-like, chemical laden mess. Even without seeing 'artificial sweeteners added' on the label, I could have guessed. I'm betting that it's saccharine rather than aspartame since it tastes so disgusting. There really isn't much else to say. Zingi tastes more like a poorly constructed, ginger-infused alcopop than it does beer.

The mouthfeel has the consistency of sugar water. It's definitely light, yet there's an underlying sticky syrupiness that is offputting. If the truth were known, it's difficult to actually get a bead on the mouthfeel since my taste buds and my brain are revolting so strenuously against the revolting flavor.

Zingi Ginger Beer is a crime against humanity. I don't give the lowest score allowable without really meaning it, so I keep going back for small sips to make sure that this stuff is really so terrible. It is. It looks like Minnesota is only state that imports this dreck (that's where I bought my bottle). Don't worry, the rest of you aren't missing a damn thing.

01-02-2007 14:40:59 | More by BuckeyeNation
feloniousmonk

3.9/5  rDev +77.3%

"Podroz Smaku", says the label, above "original ZINGI GINGER BEER." Then, "beer brewed with natural flavors, caramel coloring and artificial sweeteners added", and finally "Piwo imbirowe", which I am told means "beer ginger." 500 ml bottle, torqouise tinted.

Clear, pale yellow appearance, under a fast collapsing, bubble-bursting head.

Aroma is naught but hot, spicy ginger. Hints of cinnamon beneath. Nice, I like that in a ginger beer.

Sweet, zesty on the palate. Brimming with gingery taste, not so carbonated....easy-drinking, light in body...spicy kick returns with each sip, there's a carbonated bite, but it fades fast. Nice, sweetish finish. Quite pleasant, for fans of ginger. You hate the stuff, don't even go near it.

Can't tell if this is a lager or an ale, though, but coming from a Polish brewery, I'd guess the former.

"Podroz smaku" appears twice on the label, superimposed over the green-toned depiction of a train station...I think...anyone know what podroz smaku means?

I don't know what exactly to think of Zingi, but I know I think I like it. I could have a few of these, just for fun...hey, why not?

07-14-2006 09:32:37 | More by feloniousmonk
Zingi Ginger Beer from Browary Warmińsko-Mazurskie Jurand Sp. Z O.o.
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.