Michigan Brewing Screamin' Pumpkin Spiced Ale - Michigan Brewing Company

Michigan Brewing Screamin' Pumpkin Spiced AleMichigan Brewing Screamin' Pumpkin Spiced Ale

Michigan Brewing Company visit their website

Pumpkin Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: marburg on 09-27-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next › last »
3.25/5  rDev -16.2%

When I had it at MBC, it was called "Pumpin' Pumpkin, so whther it's the same recipe or not, I can't say...

Well, ya either like pumpkin or ya don't. And I do like this one. This has everything a pumpkin pie has except the Crisco. Has a strong pie taste, but not unpleasantly so. This 2003 edition (listed as 5.0% ABV) nicely balances the pumpkin and spice aspects, though at the cost of the beer flavor. Certainly would taste best fresh at the brewery.

DrunkMcDermott, Dec 05, 2003
4.13/5  rDev +6.4%

First, I can't guarantee that this beer isn't the same as MBC's previous pumpkin ale offerings nicely packaged in a new label.

Second, I have to imagine that folks will either love this beer or hate it. It's far from flavorless; so I think it's a matter of whether you dig what they've put together in the flavor profile here. My fiancee and I happen to dig it.

Pours dark orange -- rusty, burnt orange. Smallish cream-colored head adorns the top. Immediately noticeable are strong spiced aromas, like mom's pumpkin pie. As expected, the flavor carries these forth to the palate. Everything under the sun. Nutmeg, a little cinnamon, cloves, some nuttiness, perhaps even a little ginger sweetness. In some ways, this reminds me of a low-key Christmas Ale. Regardless, it's chock full of a potent, spicy fall flavors. It's limited in some ways by its own potency. Depending on my mood, I might not be able to make this a session brew. But then again, perhaps I could.

I can imagine perhaps having this with some sort of pie -- apple perhaps?

marburg, Sep 27, 2003