Michigan Brewing Mai Bock - Michigan Brewing Company
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 4 | Display Reviews Only:
3.53/5 rDev -0.8%
Unlabeled bottle direct from the brewery courtesy of iceicebaby, thanks man! 6/08 sticker on the bottle cap.
12 oz. bottle poured into a pilsner glass.
Pours a beautiful clear light copper hue with a one finger off-white head that falls to a foamy layer of goodness. Some spotty lacing on the sides of the glass with a whole bunch of bubbles racing to the top. Aroma is very mild with some sweet malts, some nuttiness, and grapes. You really need to dig deep in the glass to get a good whiff. Sweet and spicey up front on the tongue with hints of pepper, pear, honey, and grapefruits. Nutty malts and sweet caramel appear midway with a bready and wet aftertaste. A good amount of bite with this that's quite interesting. Light body with a prickly feel from the strong carbonation. Pretty drinkable, I'll have no problem putting it down. A decent maibock for sure, thanks again Sean for the opportunity.
08-19-2008 22:35:53 | More by BeerTruth
3.5/5 rDev -1.7%
It's a big gold colored lager. Frankly put, it's a simple but tasty beer. It's got the pale, but large malt feel like an export lager. This maibock, like others, sticks to fruitier malt flavors like cherries and white grape with light caramel. The malt is topped with grassy herbal hops. Nothing revolutionary here, just a nice maibock.
09-24-2007 00:57:11 | More by tempest
3.55/5 rDev -0.3%
Quick comments on the Michican Mai Bock
* Looks dark golden with a large foamy head
* Clear; lots of light passes through. But also hazy.
* The smell is not strong nor distinct
* Has a heavy, spicy Saison-type flavor
* Feels bubbly at times
* Some spidery lace on the glass
* Spicy and even a bit sour; and a hint of grape?
* Also a hint of honey to smooth out the fizziness
* Has elements of white wine
* It gets much better as it warms up
* It's a solid brew overall, but let it warm up significantly to get the full spectrum of flavors.
09-22-2007 05:16:49 | More by williamherbert
3.68/5 rDev +3.4%
This brew has a nice clear copper color and a giant sweet caramel aroma. The extremely sweet caramel malt flavor character of this brew hurt it a bit. It could have used a little more spice to balance such a sweet malt makeup.
08-11-2002 08:09:13 | More by beernut7
Michigan Brewing Mai Bock from Michigan Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.