Badass American Lager - Michigan Brewing Company

Badass American LagerBadass American Lager

poor

Michigan Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: tubacharlie on 08-21-2010)

I recently tried this on a trip to Michigan earlier last month. Although the label was a nice touch, the beer itself is a different story. And that's where I'll be brutally honest. To begin with, the taste smacked of wheat. Lots of it. There was little foam retention for the head, and the color of the "beer", if you can truly call it that, was a pale yellow color. There was little in the way of hops that I noticed, too. Now, I know who came up with it. Rock's taste in beer apparently sucks, because to be honest, it's like he simply popped the label off a bottle of PBR or a bottle of Budweiser and threw the current label on instead. Like Kid Rock's music itself, this beer absolutely sucks.

1.15/5  rDev -54.7%

This is the palest, weakest stuff I have ever drunk. The head is not too horrible, a bit soapy in appearance. The color has just the faintest hint of yellow, it's the closest thing to clear I have ever seen in something claiming to be beer. The taste follows suit, very little grain flavor and no hops. The mouthfeel is slightly above awful thanks to the foam, and to the fact that water doesn't have a bad mouthfeel. Certainly this goes down quick, and there are no foul overtones, but there is no point to it. It's one thing to try to make a decent beer and fail, and another not even to try. This makes Coors Light feel like Guinness.

Please world, forgive the State of Michigan for this beer.

1.2/5  rDev -52.8%

A. Highly watered down lemonade, almost clear, no lacing, quick fading snow white head

S. Limited,nearly non-existant. Maybe the best aspect of this beer.

T. Like nothing I've had before, nothing, except for the faint hints of lemon perrier

M. Once again, Lemon Perrier. Actually I am doing an injustice to Lemon Perrier.

O. a great gag (literally) gift for any beer lover, just make sure that you leave before they become disgusted with this beer.

1.2/5  rDev -52.8%

This past summer, rock 'n' roller and ex-Mr. Pamela Anderson Kid Rock made a splash with the launch of his American Bad Ass Beer Company and their Bad Ass American Lager. The brand is also being contract brewed by Michigan Brewing Company. Unfortunately, it's as bad as its label implies and not in a good way.

I sampled ...er, choked down a pint on my last visit to MBC, and one can see what it's trying to be: a full bodied, but non-offensive American-style light lager. Unfortunately, I could barely get my nose past the offensive DMS to actually take a sip. I don't know if the diacetyl rest took, either, as the flavors of creamed corn and butter overwhelmed any malt or beer flavor.

It could have been a bad day at the office or perhaps there was just an issue in that keg, I don't know, but in any event, I can't recommend this one. I can only hope they get things cleaned up before they plan any wide releases of this stuff.

1.25/5  rDev -50.8%

1.48/5  rDev -41.7%

I got this beer while out to dinner at a restaurant in our home town. When the server brought me my drink, there was absolutely no head at all. The color was nothing to write home about, very clear yellow that would expect to see out of a can of Budweiser.

The best way that I could describe the smell would by of dirty dishwater, which I thought, well maybe I got a dirty glass, but the taste of the beer was very similar to the smell. The beer had little to no flavor, no hops, no caramel, nothing that I would expect a beer to taste like, but what flavor it did have was what I can only describe as what the smell of dirty dishwater would taste like.

Overall, if you are in the market for a beer that is very easy to drink with nearly no flavor, this could be the beer for you. I would not recommend this beer to anyone who is looking for a beer that they can drink slowly and enjoy.

1.5/5  rDev -40.9%

This beer is simply bad. Is pours as light as any beer I've ever seen. It looks like it could be Zima. There is almost no taste one way or the other, and the mouthfeel is as close to water as any beer I've ever had. To be honest, it's as if Coors Light got Natty Light pregnant, and somehow they are both disappointed by their offspring. In summary, Stroh's was three times the beer this is! Stay away!

1.55/5  rDev -39%

6 pack given to me by my boss. pours out pale yellow just like all other light lager. Smells a bit skunky which is surprising given that it's in a brown bottle.

Tastes like most light lager with a tiny bit more bite. If you like Yuengling lager you would probably like Badass.

Not much to this beer, thin and watery I guess if you served this at a BBQ in the summer most people would drink it. But I wouldn't pay money for it.

1.6/5  rDev -37%

12oz. bottle poured into a nonic. No bottled date.

(A)- Pours a very pale and dull grey yellow color. Produced a pure white head. Some lace.

(S)- Smells like pure corn and rice grain and a very sugary/sweet smelling one at that.

(T)- Similar to the smell. Lots of sugary corn and rice. Mild metallic bits.

(M)- Good carbonation level. Very light and mild with quite a sugar-filled profile for the style. Crisp.

(D)- Very light bodied and crisp, though extremely sweet for the style. Not a fan unfortunately.

1.75/5  rDev -31.1%

1.78/5  rDev -29.9%

A - This beer pours an extremely pale straw color. This is probably the palest beer I have ever seen. It has a 2-finger fluffy white head on top. The head has pretty good retention, and it leaves a few specs of lace behind on the glass.

S - The nose is pretty faint. From what I am getting though, it basically smells like your average light lager. Some graininess and corn-like sweetness. There is also a really faint hop aroma.

T - The taste pretty much follows the nose. It starts off with some grainy malt and some corn sweetness. There is a small amount of hop presence detectable, as well as a bit of citrusy lemon flavor. The finish leaves some lingering citrus and grainy malt.

M - This has a pretty light body and average carbonation. It goes down easy and has a pretty smooth feel to it. There is some sweetness. This would definitely benefit if the body wasn't so thin.

O - This has okay drinkability. I mean it goes down easy and it would be easy to drink a few in a night. Overall, It just isn't an impressive beer. It is just your typical pale lager, and just really isn't interesting. I wouldn't recommend picking it up.

2.17/5  rDev -14.6%

Oh boy, oh boy. Friend got me a bottle of this as a joke.

I think this is the palest beer I've ever seen. Very clear, basically like water with a touch of yellow. Crystal clear, with lots of rapid carbonation and a huge sudsy head.

The smell was extremely mild. A touch of apple/corn/straw. Watery lager, basically.

As was the taste. A bit of apple and corn. Extremely watery. I think more watery than BMC.

The mouthfeel was very thin and watery.

Drinkability was poor if you enjoy your beer to have flavor. But since it's so mild, it's easy to drink. Not much fun though.

Badass American Lager from Michigan Brewing Company