Efes Dark Brown - Anadolu Efes Brewery

Anadolu Efes Brewery visit their website

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: tpd975 on 07-20-2009

Reviews by cfalovo97:

One of the more interesting beers I picked up in Turkey. A small bottle (33cl rather than the regular 50cl cans). The beer had a very sweet coffee/mocca smell and taste. Like a beer-iced mocha coffee.

Someone else commented that the beer was heavily carbonated but I didn't find this. Could have been my bottle was well travelled and about a month old before I tried it. Still enjoyable though.

2.5/5  rDev -14.4%

2.88/5  rDev -1.4%

3.75/5  rDev +28.4%

3.75/5  rDev +28.4%

By far the best beer I found while on holiday in Turkey (of the 12 tried).

33cl brown twist top bottle (with the 'O' in brown shaped like a coffee bean). The beer was poured into a pint handled glass mug and looked fine. A coffee dark brown body (what a suprise given it's name) and a cream coloured head that gave no lacing and disappeared completely after 20 seconds.

The smell was all coffee and mocca, as was the taste.

I would have liked more body depth, but for a lager based coffee beer it was otherwise very good. The beer was semi-sweet and heavily carbonated.

As I stated earlier the best beer I found in Turkey.

2.33/5  rDev -20.2%

Dark amber/ malty brown color. Thick, dirty white/ light tan head, leaves medium lace clumps.

Strong coffee nose, roasted malts presence, hints of cream, smells much more like starbucks than beer.

Strong, overpowering coffee taste, hints of chocolate, malty undertones.

somewhat smooth body, low carbonation

Strong coffee beer that is over the top. Not the best balance or attempt to have any sort of flavor or taste other than pure coffee with no real richness of satisfying mouthfeel.

1.89/5  rDev -35.3%

The brew is clear brown with tints of red, a beige small head with little lacing and some curtains.

Smells like coffee candy, chocolate toffee, latte coffee syrup.

The taste is awfully sweet and coffee infused, like a cheap chocolate mocha bar.

Medium low carbonation, sticky and soft, not dry.

I love coffee, but I have never, never liked cold mocha candy. This is no beer it is cheap coffee syrup!

3.5/5  rDev +19.9%

2.6/5  rDev -11%

3.92/5  rDev +34.2%

Well I found a unique beer in Turkey. I can't read the label so I have no idea how they did this one. It is very much a coffee beer though.

A: Pours a nice nutty brown hue. Tall tan colored head with okay retention. Tons of lace.

S: Smells like cream laden heavily brown sugared mocha coffee.

T: Very unique. People on the other site hate it, I don't. Nice coffee flavor to me, a bit artifical yes, but coffee, and boy do I love coffee beer. Vanilla enhanced cream with a big blast of milky chocolate. The finish is Gooey caramel with more cream and coffee.

M: Medium in body, with okay carbonation.

D: Maybe it's because there is no real good beer in Turkey but I am really digging this one. Very unique, and I hate to say it but quite good.

2.5/5  rDev -14.4%

2.95/5  rDev +1%

This is essentially an alcoholic mocha, and not a great one. Overpowering coffee and chalky chocolate--where's the beer?--which leaves a really drying bitter taste in the mouth. + 1 point for not being Efes Regular, I guess, but overall I'm disappointed.

3.2/5  rDev +9.6%

Efes Dark Brown from Anadolu Efes Brewery
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.