Bohemia - Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

BohemiaBohemia

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

German Pilsener |  5.30% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-18-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bohemia Alström Bros
Ratings: 956 | Reviews: 412
4.1/5  rDev +20.6%

Easily the best readily available Mexican beer. Great with tacos or just solo.

3.82/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The best Mexican beer I've tasted thus far.

4.52/5  rDev +32.9%

When I look around and see mindless beer drinkers enjoying their Coronas and Modelos, I sigh and hope that they discover a good Mexican beer like Bohemia. My top five Mex Beers would list as Bohemia, Indio, Victoria and lastly Dos Equis. Bohemia is by far a great tasting beer and now recently not hard to find.

4.7/5  rDev +38.2%

Good taste. Bitter. Mexican beer

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Review more in terms of a 'cerveza' versus the listed style.

This is a nice golden color with an appropriate biscuity scent. Not much of a head to speak of, generally looks the part. A seemingly unimpressive lager.

Actually fairly flavorful, it's like a nice in-between of a German Pils and a generic American Lager, and oddly, I mean that as a compliment. It's American character adds to the drinkablity. Deserving of the foil on the bottle, I could see this as a solid 'table beer' (compared to table wine) or a nice classy beach tag-along.

I'll buy this again for sure, and definitely my go-in Mexican restaurants, no lime this time, probably no lime ever.

4.59/5  rDev +35%

This is by far the most excellent Mexican lager made. This beer pairs wonderfully with any meaty food, a huge flavor enhancer. Very easy to drink, as others have said, it goes down very smoothly. Bohemia seems to have a lot more flavor and body than other pilsners I've tried.

3.98/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

This cans is a bottle with a lime shoved in it so I couldn't tell appearance and smell. Taste was really smooth non hippy plunder, well balanced. I really liked it

2.76/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Good mass produced Mexican Brew. Still need to explore the Mexican micro brews popping up.

3.66/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

When you're in Mexico putting back Bohemias and lime. There's really not anything to complain about.

2.66/5  rDev -21.8%

Could almost see this as being akin to the status quo water glass at dinner. I.e. if you drink it fine, if not, no big deal; Could in fact even see having something else as the "primary" drink, with this being a secondary thing.

A lot of the beers I enjoy, I almost consider to be more of a food component to the meal vs. that of a beverage, if that makes sense, This is the other way around. Very unassuming, very neutral. Would go pretty well with just about anything and not get in the way. Could I see myself sitting down with one of these in my favorite glass and sipping? Do I see this as being a meal enhancement? No chance. But I could see drinking a bit of this with crabs, pizza, shrimp, chinese, a burger, after working in the yard, etc, etc. Probably defines the term session, although I can't imagine drinking any real number of these.

Pours a clear very pale straw color; Not much head to speak off. No lacing. Fairly bubbly. I may have picked-up on a touch of skunk in the nose as well as some grass. Not much in the way of body or mouth feel to it. Some have said it's not watery; I would tend to disagree and say that it's in fact very watery. Almost reminded me a little of my GrandDad's 'PBR' circa 75', although a tad weaker.

3.9/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Looks like beer, smells like beer, tastes like beer. One of the best Mexican beers out there

3.43/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours a mostly clear, flecky gold with orange hues and quickly thinning white head. Aromas of malted grain, crackers, and faint esters and/or hops. First grainy, then sweet, and finally just barely bitter to the taste. Medium-bodied and well-carbonated, leading to refreshing, smooth, bubbly swallow. One of my favorite Mexican beers. Also one of my favorite Pils/Pale/Premium imports, some of the others tending to skunk too easily.

4.07/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

The Best beer produced in Mexico

3.49/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A little bit of cocoa in the flavor, otherwise a straightforward lager. Overall, it’s pretty good.

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Solid pils. Nothing outstanding, but very solid and much better than plenty of other choices out there. Would get again.

Good shit bro, awesome beer

4.25/5  rDev +25%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a proper representation of the style. A truely great drinking experience. Another good beer from this brewery makes them, in my opinion, the best brewery in Mexico. Grupo Modelo/Corona is a distant second with their meager offerings compared to a brewery that produces Noche Buena and the Bohemia series.

3.85/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has a nice malt and floral essence.
Appearance- The beer is gold colored with a small white head.
Taste- Has a decent malt and hop mix flavor.
Palate- A medium bodied beer with light carbonation has a slightly oily texture and has a nice aftertaste.
Overall- A pretty enjoyable brew, great with food.

3.63/5  rDev +6.8%

The best beer our great neighbors from the south have provided. I once went to a Mexican restaurant and the stuck a lime on the top of the bottle... I flicked that stupid lime in a second and informed the waiter, this is Bohemia a real beer #nolimerequired.

4.25/5  rDev +25%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is the best beer you can get at a Mexican mini super, it´s very good in comparison with all other beers in the local fridge.

3.95/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I like how this beer quenches my thirst but makes me want another drink too. Goes great with food.

2.37/5  rDev -30.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I like Mexican beers alright. This one is one of my favorites. Nice and crisp.

4.69/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is a very good beer one of my favorite mexican beers

Pretty decent as far as mexican beer this price goes.

Strong malty backbone. Almost no sign of alcohol in this one. Drinkable.

Bohemia from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.