Sol Brava - Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Sol BravaSol Brava

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. visit their website

American Malt Liquor |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: tesguino on 10-07-2005

3.62/5  rDev +0.3%

After searching many months for this beer, i found it in a Oxxo at Acapulco, the first mexican malt liquor i drink. While serving in a glass i could hear the excitement of bubbles and resembled the sound of the cean in the bay. Look: Bright golden color, lots of bubbles, acceptable foamy head; Smell: Very sweet malt, slightly smoky; Taste: Malt, malt and lots of malt, with sweet notes too and little alcohol; Mouthfeel: Crisp and refreshing, sweet bitterness and medium body, not overly sweet as american malt liquors; Drinkability: The best "sol" beer, the best malt liquor i tested, each i heard acapulco, reminds me this beer.

4.02/5  rDev +11.4%

Brought back a 6 pack from Nuevo Vallarta this past December, as I hadn't heard of this one before. I am a fan of the standard Sol here at home, and was pleased to see a variation of it in Mexico!

A- Pours clear for the most part, with a few particles floating around in my glass. It is a light golden color and has a thin fizzy head that makes lots of noise. The carbonation is heavy and the bubbles look big. Somewhat sticky lacing I guess, as the brew beads on my glass the way rain beads on a windsheild.

S- This has a relatively sweet malt aroma, followed by the graininess that I would expect, but much more dominant than the standard. There isn't any hop presence noticable, and not really anything else to state here, but decent for this style of beer.

T- The best way to describe this beer is that is has a solid, flavorful malt character, with somewhat of a grainy aftertone. There isn't any bitterness in the finish either, but it is refreshing.

M- Surprisingly more of a medium body! The carbonation is heavy and leaves a zing on the palate. The finish lingers as well, leaving me with a sense that I've enjoyed some grainy cereal in the morning....just a little sweet!

D- I will make a point of drinking this more next time I'm in Mexico, even if I have to buy the hell out of Corona. Great to enjoy on a hot day on the beach! The alcohol is well hidden and the flavor is very decent! I recommend this to anyone who is able to find it!

3.93/5  rDev +8.9%

Hell yeah!!
So I didn't get a really good look at it since I drank it out of the dark brown bottle every time. When in Mexico I tend to lean toward Sol. Then at one of my "pit stops" at a local convenience store in Manzanillo I found this. To say the least; this is all I drink when I can get it in Mexico.
There was a solid flavor with out the traditional skunky flavor found in many Mexican beers, and I tried my fair share when I was there. The malty character gave just enough flavor to balance the alcohol.
Drinkabliity was very good for the region! I recommend looking for this whenever you are in Mexico.

3.82/5  rDev +5.8%

Poured into a glass from an opaque 330 ml(11.2 oz.) bottle, this Sol offering pours a deep golden with a thin airy short-lived head.

Smell is notably maltier than your standard Sol and the corn presence is gone, no notable hop presence. Tastes of mixed malts, slightly chewy and offers a well balanced carbonation. Pretty smooth on the finish and fairly drinkable, though the sweetness may get cloying as there is enough to fully mask the alcohol. Rather unique for a Mexican beer. I'd recommend giving it a shot if you stumble upon it. Found at an OXXO convenience store, apparently fully owned by the brewer's parent company.

3.13/5  rDev -13.3%

i got this beer now in my city, in the birthplace of the brewery, long time ago this beer is only sold in the southeast of my country, then in a liquor store from monterrey oh surprise, the sol brava is now in monterrey, i buy five beers of this malt liquor style bottle of 40 oz., and this beer is closer to german beers for me is over sol, pacifico, montejo and carta blanca, poor punch for headache and mber color, good for a bbq in sunday; 78% recommended.

Sol Brava from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.