Sol - Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

SolSol

awful

awful

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-18-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sol Alström Bros
1.95/5  rDev -19.8%

Had during a festive party, pretty much a corona clone.

A: Pours straw yellow from a clear bottle. Non existent head with lots of carbonation.

S: Some malt and adjuncts. Some sweetness, maybe?

T: Tastes comes second to refreshment with this beer. It has some malt, adjunct taste.

M: Very drinkable. Refreshing with its active carbonation and easy flow.

O: It is what it is. If your looking for a beer on a hot summer day or to just drink passively, this is it.

1.94/5  rDev -20.2%

Appearance: Typical lager look: yellow color, medium size white head which disappears fast.
Smell: Hardly any.
Taste: Just a tad of sweetness from the corn, to wipe out any possible bitterness that might have been there.
Mouthfeel: Light body, absence of carbonation.
Drinkability: A soda drink masqueraded as a beer but nothing purely offensive either… It's up to you. Not my preference by any measure.

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%

3.5/5  rDev +44%

3.25/5  rDev +33.7%

2.73/5  rDev +12.3%

I decided to check this beer out after seeing a six pack of it sitting in my friend's fridge. Headed on down to my local Total Wine and sure enough there it was in the Mexican section. After drinking this beer it quickly fell into the list of beers I go to for when I feel like throwing 'em back and not just sipping. Since it came in clear glass I didn't bother pouring.

A: Depending on the light it looks light yellow to medium golden-yellow. Good amount of bubbles here. Very clear, its been filtered.

S: It smells very close to Bud Light in my opinion, just alot of straight corn going on all the way through.

T: Very crisp and light taste, corn again and if I push my tongue against the top of my mouth I get a lingering limey bitterness very character of other cervezas like it.

M: Its well carbonated and works with the crisp and light taste. Good for chuggin 'em down during a game or working on your car.

O: I don't see it being any worse than the average, middle of the road AAL. It's low alcohol and refreshing to drink so to me it fits any situation I'd have with Bud Light. Hell, I'd play beer bong with this beer.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Picked up a 32 oz bottle of this stuff at a gas station in Tucumcari, NM. I had just got into a hotel after a long day of driving. No need to pour it, it's a clear bottle. It smells super sweet and the taste matches. Just what I'd expect from a Mexican beer. Light bodied and carbonated well. This is a "just got doing something all day" kinda beer. Not much taste. I will drink beers like this every once in a while. It serves a purpose, but it's usually because you want to throw your dollars somewhere else.

Sol from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.