Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Indio - Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

IndioIndio

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 11-12-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
4.12/5  rDev +24.5%

A - Amber-orange with a nice big two finger head of white foam. A decent amount of lace is left on my plastic beach glass, but I have a feeling that more would be there if it were in a glass-glass. The beer is hazy, and although I had no idea that this was an O-fest style beer, now that I know, this fits the style visually.

S - Sweet carrot cake and cinnamon. Mild autumn leaf hops and thick caramel malts. Smells great out here on the beach (God bless free Wi-Fi and Mexican resorts!)

T - Basically similar to the nose...carrot cake dusted with cinnamon.

M - A bit lighter than many O-Fests, but somehow that's very appropriate for the climate down here in Puerto Vallarta.

D - Perfect. I'm glad I found something down here besides Dos Equis and Tecate....although I'm sure I'll manage to ingest plenty of those below average brews too. This is the true gem of my all inclusive resort! (892 characters)

My personal favourite. Good taste, good aroma, available most anywhere in Mexico, not too light
or too strong, I wish we could get it on the US side of the border, but it's ok, I enjoy going to
Mexico to see family and friends, so it's always
an excuse to bring back a case or two. Hope y'all
have a chance to try it as well when down there! (341 characters)

3.25/5  rDev -1.8%

Tulip Inn Ritz, Mexico City.
Considering that a Google search for ¨Mexican Craft Beer¨ yields a dire paucity of results, I was all geared up for a week of Dos Equis and Negra Modelo (which, at the end of the day, is fine). Our hotel bar had three varieties on offer: Sol, Bohemia, and Indio. I knew well enough to stay away from Sol; doing little more than flipping a mental coin I went for the Indio and was more than pleasantly surprised.
It´s an almost (almost) alelike darkish lager, smooth and caramelly and malty with a hint of something that reminds me ever-so-slightly of Leffe. I think I´ve found a winner for the week.
Aviso: It is MUCH better poured into a glass than if left in the bottle (as are most beers, I suppose...) (740 characters)

3.16/5  rDev -4.5%

A - MAN, lookin' good! Deep amber with beautiful white head. I thought I found the Mexi grail.

S - Ok, smell not deep and straw and light, maybe a little Corona "ish" but still deeper and more interesting than I thought.

T - This one gives you a nice malt up front, not much but water in the end. A little sour towards the end too. Torn on this beer in general.

M - Nice full mouth, good carbonation, hits all the sensors. Watery and sour in the end, tho.

D - Smuggled this up from Mexico. Nice one for tamales, but not what I would usually drink. I have heard of the Beer Factory in Mexico, I looked all over for their products. I could not find any.

If you know of these, please beer mail. (697 characters)

3.66/5  rDev +10.6%

Brought back from Mexico by a friend.

Nice light auburn coloration, it pours with a decent amount of foam. Faint lace rings the glass. Mild aroma of grainy sweetness. Not offensive, however not enticing.

Flavor is primarily malt with a slight hop finish. It has a buttery sort of mouthfeel, with a grainy aftertaste. Body is light yet still malty, good if you want to have several. It's pretty agreeable overall, probably best with a meal. (447 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +14.8%

Es cerveza antes se llamaba cuauhtemoc, pero todo el mundo que la compraba decia dame una del indio, entonces el nombre fue cambiado a indio, su envase es ambar, su sabor es bueno sin ser lo mejor del mundo pero es una cerveza que te puedes tomar varias si que el sabor te canse. la etiqueta que usa es de papel. (312 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +14.8%

Had this at Mi Casa in dt Cabo San Lucas. I had never heard of it before, and didn't see it at any other places, so not sure how much distribution around the area.
Good taste. Had a little bite initially, but faded pretty quick. Not a a full tasting beer, but a solid session beer. Perfect to folllow tequila shots. Didn't get a chance to check out the color, they kept forgetting a mug, and by the third bottle, I just didn't care. (433 characters)

3.28/5  rDev -0.9%

The rumors said this beer is made of the leftovers of the other beers that Cervecería Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma has. It is of course false, in fact it is one of the best selling beers of this brewer.

It is an every day beer(weekend) we drink it on parties and family meetings.

Pours a nice reddish-brown, with almost no head.

It smells very malty, and at the taste is bitter. It has a good drinkability, goes well with Mexican food.

Always get this beer with Cochinita Pibil, goes well with spicy plates. (513 characters)

3.01/5  rDev -9.1%

I had this last night at dinner in Reynosa Mexico. I didn't know it was a marzen until I saw it just now on BA, but I guess that description fits this beer ok.

I poured the beer into a frosted mug. The beer had a burnt copper color with a thick off-white foam. Pretty transparent with no floaties.

The aroma was not too strong, just a little malty. Really there was only a mild hop bitterness in the after-taste also. Not as flavorful as I'd prefer.

Not something I'd go for too often, but not bad when the alternative is Bud, Coors, Corona, etc. (556 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -43.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Indio is a regular beer, it is very nice to drink in a hot day at a beach, yet it is not a very good beer to drink outside thirst quenching.
It has a very watery mouthfeel and I would even dare to say that it lacks flavour.
The smell is very faint and it has a pretty high carbonation.
In my opinion it lacks bitterness or hop aroma.
I would choose negra modelo over Indio any day. (387 characters)

3.97/5  rDev +19.9%

I think this beer is surrounded by many misconceptions in my city; A common myth surrounding Indio is that is comes from the bottom of brewery tanks when they are cleaned, This is not the case.

I drink Indio often because is very easy to get and is a good beer.

Pours clear reddish-amber color, is darker than normal mexican lagers. Aroma is malty and fruity, taste is clean and crisp. Mouthfeel is Smooth and low carbonation. Easy drinking beer for those hot summer days. (479 characters)

4.07/5  rDev +23%

A beer from my country originally called "cerveza cuauhtemoc" and his logo includes an aztec indian "cuauhtemoc" in 3/4 view, people went recognizing it with the alias of INDIO, then the brewery choose to put the name of indio to this beer; sold commonly in my city, this beer is drink in the most of weddings, familiar celebrations, its dark amber color and its hops and bitterness smell and flavor, make this beer one of the most prefered beers on my country; good for mexican food; 100% recommended. (502 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +35%

NIce beer, the colour is ok. Some of the elder drinkers here accepted it gladly. It has a soil flavor, but just a little. Perhaps is the best product of this brewery after Bohemia and NOche buena. But the foam is just a little, the colour is dark, and if you dirnk more than 3 you can get tired. (295 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +14.8%

Indio is, after Bohemia, my favorite beer from this macro brewery: Cervecería Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma.
It's the one I buy in the neerest watery to my home, not because it's exceptional but because it's the best beer I can buy at walking distance from home.
It pours a copper-reddish brew, little brown head and almost no lace.
Smell, just average bit still good.
Great hoppy, somehow bitter, grainy taste.
A faint, still good, herbal and grainy aftertaste.
In a hot Northeastern Mexico afternoon you can have one after another easily. (539 characters)

3.2/5  rDev -3.3%

Poured from a fat 940mL jug into a Holiday Inn tumbler. Frothy khaki head falls directly back into the clear copper liquid whence it came. Placid nose of far off roasted grass and industrial donut cleaning compound. There is no doubt this is an easy drinking beer for Coahuila Summer's or washing down a forkful of cabrito but that's really all that it is. A good alternative to unsweetened iced tea I'm thinking it's colored Carta Blanca. In the mouth there is some grain, I guess, perhaps a lick of bitterness, maybe, I'm grasping for descriptions. To sum it up: nondescript. Why doesn't Bohemia come in the fat jug? (618 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +11.8%

The color was darker than the normal mexican, the mouthfeel was thick, can you believe that..thick and solid..but was lagery everywhere else..Light malty and fruity aroma. More than I expected. Not at all bad. Not great either. But good. Quite pleasant on a hot afternoon. (272 characters)

3.1/5  rDev -6.3%

I got this at the airport in Acapulco. Pretty red/gold color with a thin head that didn't stick around too long. Light malty and fruity aroma. The flavor was a little surprising, as I tasted some fruit (particularly raspberry) when I had been expecting more of a malty, Vienna-style drink. It was not too far on the fruit beer side though and I didn't find it too bad at all. A little thinner than I normally like but a decent summer beer and a great alternative to the Corona/Modelo crowd if you can find one in Mexico. (520 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Indio from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.