Tecate - Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

TecateTecate

poor

poor

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. visit their website
Mexico

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: pezoids on 05-20-2001)
View: Beers (35) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tecate Alström Bros
CEDAMA

4.75/5  rDev +89.2%

12-05-2012 22:56:12 | More by Kruga
BoSox5902

4.75/5  rDev +89.2%

i go down to mexico every december and this is the most popular beer in the town, trevino. which is located right outside of monterrey where it's brewed so it's always fresh. This beer is amazing, it is way better when bought in mexico than it is in america. even the ones in texas don't taste the same. never buy in a bottle you will be disappointed. canned is the way to go. at five dollars a 6pack you cant beat it. by far my favorite beer and mexico's finest. i wanna brush my teeth with it

07-24-2008 01:27:59 | More by BoSox5902
Pigs

Georgia

4.5/5  rDev +79.3%

Tecate. The Black Bird. Mexican!
I like this beer a lot. It's great to drink straight outta the can/bottle or adding some lime and/or salt to the rim. I love it with tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, chalupas, rice, nachos, beans, re-fried beans, tortillas and salsa, and so much more. It is a perfect beach beer. Cold from the cracked styrofoam cooler as you lounge with some hot babes and the suns in your eyes. Drink some Tecate and then go boogie boarding. You'll love it.

06-14-2014 19:09:04 | More by Pigs
frankiepop

4.28/5  rDev +70.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I think Tecate gets a bit of a bad rap by many American beer tasters who have recently discovered dark beers. I weighTecate against some of the best lagers and pilsners around the world, and Tecate is among the very best. It has a nice look with a wonderful mild flavor with a touch of sweetness.

Goes down with the sounds of Brazilian jazz artist Airto Moreira and Flora Purim.

03-12-2011 03:02:26 | More by frankiepop
markallmon

Tennessee

4.25/5  rDev +69.3%

04-05-2012 22:55:26 | More by markallmon
CerealKillerKP

Kentucky

4.2/5  rDev +67.3%

"In a town called El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl."

That delectable cover of Marty Robbins' classic was playing by the Grateful Dead on my friend's stereo the first time I drank this delicious light lager back in the blisteringly hot summer of 2002 and as much as I love that song, if I had to choose between one or the other I would choose Tecate beer.

I tried to not rate this beer on appearance because I drink it straight out of the can with a lime wedge shoved straight down in it, but BA is making me give it an appearance score so I just gave it a 5. Although when I play that foul, foul game known as beer pong, a Tecate beer looks like a pretty little lady down at the bottom of my solo cup.

The smell is usually reminiscent of a fart a little bit. That may just be because the beer is skunked though I don't know.

For me the taste is the perfect little Mexican vacation from the world of big stouts and IPAs. It is crisp, light, and slightly bitter.n Don't listen to the haters--enjoy with a lime!

The mouthfeel is thin and just what I need on a hot summer day. Or miserable winter day. Or just whenever I'm craving a Tecate.

09-23-2011 21:41:00 | More by CerealKillerKP
steeler

Ontario (Canada)

4.2/5  rDev +67.3%

Gotta love tecate logo!

A - Pale yellow color

S - Stock beer, no off smells, surprisingly.

T - Smooth, mild hop bitterness, nice hop aftertaste.

M - Full, carbonated.

D - these go down real nice when cold, perfect pairing with wings and pizza!

Overall for the price, which is really cheap, this is one of the best mexican beers I've had, next to Negro Modello, just a cheap, straight forward beer. Highly recommended!

11-13-2008 02:48:57 | More by steeler
SilentSabre

North Dakota

4.08/5  rDev +62.5%

Well, like everyone else says, there really isn't much to this stuff. However, unlike everyone else, I really like this stuff. It's not super expensive, it's Mexican, and it's NOT Corona. It's the perfect cheap Mexi-brew. I order this every time my wife and I go out to a Mexican restaurant and really compliments the food well. It looks and smells just about like every other beer of this style, and can be enjoied with or without the lime. I always crush the hell outta the lime and then just toss the whole thing in. I think it adds something but that's just me. There is also quite a bit of a corn taste/smell, and a very, very faint sweet tone on the finish.
In the way of Mexi-brews, I am a staunch fan of Modelo Especial, too, but there is a HUGE difference between Modelo from the bottle and Modelo from the can, in that Modelo from the can tastes like the can. In Tecate, however, it really doesn't matter, which is why, I suppose, I always get one served to me in the can when I order it out. Cans cost less, and the folks eatin' and drinkin there will never know the difference.
Anyhow, everyone who gave this stuff a sorry rating, I suppose this was just not for them because personally, I drink a ton of this stuff by itself and with Spanish food and I think it's great.

03-12-2004 04:50:01 | More by SilentSabre
AChamberlain

4.05/5  rDev +61.4%

¿Que onda güey?

Tecate, my favorite Mexican beer. Don't buy it in a bottle. Don't pour it. Drink it from a can.

If you want to know about the flavor and the color and the head, read the other reviews.

If you want a good beer with tacos, look no further. Tecate is made for easy drinking; to cool off that burn from the jalepeños. Drink it cold and drink it fast.

06-07-2006 00:59:05 | More by AChamberlain
nekronos

Mexico

4.05/5  rDev +61.4%

Old picture you have. BUt anyway, a lot of people say it is nasty, but once again, the more close you are from the brewery the better it taste. In this case, t is brewed in Tecate Baja California, and for a sunny day, it worths. A little bitter the back taste for a lager, but tastes good after all, in some presentations.

09-15-2005 16:23:07 | More by nekronos
RobMor

03-10-2012 22:02:34 | More by RobMor
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

This is a stereotypical American-style lager, of which I'm partial, with a thick, white head, and a very clear, golden color. Carbonation is high. The aroma had a slightly off grain smell that I was unable to place. But, as I drank it it was not as prominent in the glass. The taste is okay, with a decent barley-grain-hop balance. Mouth-feel is light and watery and it finishes crisp and refreshing. Certainly, this is an ordinary type beer, but I'd say it's as good as other run-of-the-mill lagers. I think you should try it. I drank this sample poured from a 24 oz. can.

06-04-2011 15:50:54 | More by RonaldTheriot

12-06-2011 16:37:38 | More by drea1785
LeapintoBeer

09-26-2012 21:04:48 | More by LeapintoBeer
Jangles

Had a couple of these ice-cold, and I do mean ice-cold, out of the cooler after a recent backpacking trip, and they were delicious. I am admittedly biased towards refreshing beers over heavier beers, though, and love me some cervezas Mexicanas as well, perhaps because I am a Southern California guy. At any rate, this is a nice beer for many occasions: the ballpark, after a hike, or to wash down a meal. Disfrutalo!

05-08-2011 19:22:12 | More by Jangles
Nofear048

12-19-2011 05:22:48 | More by Nofear048
bgoblue2

07-22-2013 02:09:42 | More by bgoblue2
Bnoise11

09-21-2013 22:58:24 | More by Bnoise11
Tecate from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.