Foster's Lager - Foster's Group Limited

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-10-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 1,762 | Reviews: 617
1.13/5  rDev -55.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Only bearable if stone cold this is just an example of how a nation that creates such good wine has no idea of how to brew. Quite simply a disgusting tasteless example of lager rather than beer.

1.1/5  rDev -56.3%

Not any better than the other one (green label).

3.25/5  rDev +29%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Too blend and nothing special

2.42/5  rDev -4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Orphan bottle hanging around from a discounted 6 pk, probably 1.5+ years old. Better than expected, but nothing I would seek out.

2.87/5  rDev +13.9%

Cheap beer that tastes watered down. But not all that bad. No strong aftertaste.

2.65/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Easy to drink.. Has a weird after tasteon occasion..

2.66/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 25.4 ounce "oil can" into a Shaker pint glass, "best by" date 9-21-15.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, light yellow color with one-finger white head that dissipated quickly until there was absolutely no trace of any head, medium carbonation and no lacing of any kind.

SMELL: corn, grass and crackers, very subtle to the nose.

TASTE: this beer is hard to describe because there is very little going on here, I can barely detect some sweetness form the malt, there is a taste of corn in the middle and then there is a slight metallic hop bite at the end, finishes clean.

PALATE: light body and medium carbonation.

OVERALL: this is a standard lawnmower beer, nothing more, nothing less, I would not buy this again as there are American beers of similar quality that I can buy for less like Hamm's.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

its about the same as Bud,Miller, Coors....brings back memories from college days?

2.52/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Too expensive for the taste. If you can get a deal during a house party/BBQ your friends will laud you for getting an import but obviously not a great craft beer.

2.26/5  rDev -10.3%

Overall a very plain and not interesting tasting beer. However, the can is quite nice but other then that it is not too great.

1.92/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Average beer, easy to drink but nothing special.

2.93/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Fosters used to be my go to. Love the oil can but this beer gives me such a headache after only one.

4.07/5  rDev +61.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I like it a lot

3.55/5  rDev +40.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

its a pretty good brew, good with bbq food

2.82/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured from a chilled 750 ml. can into a lager glass.

Golden yellow color with a large 4-fingers of head. Plenty of lacing.

Aroma of hay, hay and more hay.

Tastes of barley and hay. No complexity. I can see myself drinking this in the Australian outback on a hot day. Refreshing on a hot day, but otherwise very ok. I expected more from you Aussies!

1.87/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This beer reminds me of Natural Light in both taste and feel.

2.58/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Foster's Lager tastes like any other American style macro-lager. Not too crazy and not the best, just plain ol' beer.

3.79/5  rDev +50.4%
look: 5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

a 5 for looks, ilike the color of it
a1.5 for smell, it smells more like corn than Busch.
a 4.5 for taste, It reminds me of Falstaff and I liked Falstaff...ya, ya, ya I know
a 3.75 for feel it's not watery. 4.75 overall
I don't like the way it smells. I like the fact that it is 5% ABV, after having gone through the craft beer phase and home brewing phase, I go more for buzz now than anything else the higher the ABV% the better I like the beer despite it's other short comings. Now then am I a beer geek no, but I know what I like and don't like, I like Fosters and would love to taste some not made in the U.S., Fosters in the UK is 4% abv everywhere else it's 5%. Will I buy more yes I will.

3.05/5  rDev +21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

here are my five words

2.95/5  rDev +17.1%

L- golden pale yellow, decent-looking head, some sparse lacing.
S- pretty typical adjunct lager smell. Grainy, not too fragrant
T- hardly any... and there is a slight sweetness to the beer that doesn't really work. So it doesn't taste good, but it doesn't taste bad either.
M- light, crisp, and clean.

O- hey, I kinda like it. Sure, it's an adjunct lager that ultimately can be beaten by any craft beer out there. But for what it is, it's alright.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Nothing special. Generic lager taste.

1.52/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1

Horrible. Very disappointing. I wanted to like based on it's history in the culture.

Not a very good beer.

2.9/5  rDev +15.1%

Fosters. Because... why not?! It's Australian for bored. Saw the oil can at the local Publix and couldn't help but remember how I used to think this was a premium beer. LOL. Pours from the obnoxiously large can in to a Modelo pint glass with gusto. The massive, loose head of fizzy, white crackling suds is as big as the can. It rests atop a pale, yellow lager with copious amounts of bubbles hugging the glass, before disappearing in record time. What's left is an uninspired pint of pale, lifeless liquid. About as transparent as a beer can be. A slightly sulfurous smell melds with metallic accents and a subtle, sour, floral hop note. In a nutshell, cheap lager. The taste is dominated by malty corn sweetness, with scant balancing bitterness. But not a sugary sweetness. Like chewing on unpopped popcorn kernels with a hint of aspartame. The finish is relatively crisp and clean, with little residual flavor. Surprisingly mild carbonation, with a smooth, slick, and easy mouthfeel. I could easily shotgun this entire oil can with little effort. Almost like beer-flavored water. Overall, aside from the unappealing aroma this is your typical pale, fizzy, swill. From time to time, it's just the right change of pace. Surprised I said that? It's an adjunct lager. For the style it's not half bad. If I was self-medicating I'd probably choose a beer like this.

3.8/5  rDev +50.8%

As an Anglo-Australian, I like this beer, I like to drink the local brew in most places I travel to, but this one is above average. The oversize cans appeal to the English and Scottish lager louts, perhaps giving the beer a worse name than it deserves.

to view more.