Foster's Lager - Foster's Group Limited

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-10-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 1,764 | Reviews: 618
3.45/5  rDev +36.9%

I know someone from Melbourne. She said that Australians are not crazy about this beer. She said that different regions have their breweries and their favorite beers. This, she said, is the crap they send to the U.S.

I was at Outback the other day. I had a growler of IPA at home, but I didn't want to open it because it was only Tuesday. I wanted to save it for the weekend. So I figured, what the heck, I'll get a Foster's. I was happy. It's got the typical color of a lager halfway between urine and sunshine. The smell isn't all that impressive.

But I was very pleased with the taste. It's not an overwhelming taste. I'm an IPA man so you know I like a strong taste, but for this it was a very pleasing subtle taste. And you don't want anything heavy when you're eating a big steak so it goes well with the restaurant. I'm not going to pick up a case off the supermarket shelves especially when there are so many other better options, but if I'm at a party that's serving it, I'll be happy.

1.13/5  rDev -55.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Only bearable if stone cold this is just an example of how a nation that creates such good wine has no idea of how to brew. Quite simply a disgusting tasteless example of lager rather than beer.

1.1/5  rDev -56.3%

Not any better than the other one (green label).

3.25/5  rDev +29%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Too blend and nothing special

2.42/5  rDev -4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Orphan bottle hanging around from a discounted 6 pk, probably 1.5+ years old. Better than expected, but nothing I would seek out.

2.87/5  rDev +13.9%

Cheap beer that tastes watered down. But not all that bad. No strong aftertaste.

2.65/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Easy to drink.. Has a weird after tasteon occasion..

2.66/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 25.4 ounce "oil can" into a Shaker pint glass, "best by" date 9-21-15.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, light yellow color with one-finger white head that dissipated quickly until there was absolutely no trace of any head, medium carbonation and no lacing of any kind.

SMELL: corn, grass and crackers, very subtle to the nose.

TASTE: this beer is hard to describe because there is very little going on here, I can barely detect some sweetness form the malt, there is a taste of corn in the middle and then there is a slight metallic hop bite at the end, finishes clean.

PALATE: light body and medium carbonation.

OVERALL: this is a standard lawnmower beer, nothing more, nothing less, I would not buy this again as there are American beers of similar quality that I can buy for less like Hamm's.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

its about the same as Bud,Miller, Coors....brings back memories from college days?

2.52/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Too expensive for the taste. If you can get a deal during a house party/BBQ your friends will laud you for getting an import but obviously not a great craft beer.

2.26/5  rDev -10.3%

Overall a very plain and not interesting tasting beer. However, the can is quite nice but other then that it is not too great.

1.92/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Average beer, easy to drink but nothing special.

2.93/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Fosters used to be my go to. Love the oil can but this beer gives me such a headache after only one.

4.07/5  rDev +61.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I like it a lot

3.55/5  rDev +40.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

its a pretty good brew, good with bbq food

2.82/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured from a chilled 750 ml. can into a lager glass.

Golden yellow color with a large 4-fingers of head. Plenty of lacing.

Aroma of hay, hay and more hay.

Tastes of barley and hay. No complexity. I can see myself drinking this in the Australian outback on a hot day. Refreshing on a hot day, but otherwise very ok. I expected more from you Aussies!

1.87/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This beer reminds me of Natural Light in both taste and feel.

2.58/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Foster's Lager tastes like any other American style macro-lager. Not too crazy and not the best, just plain ol' beer.

3.79/5  rDev +50.4%
look: 5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

a 5 for looks, ilike the color of it
a1.5 for smell, it smells more like corn than Busch.
a 4.5 for taste, It reminds me of Falstaff and I liked Falstaff...ya, ya, ya I know
a 3.75 for feel it's not watery. 4.75 overall
I don't like the way it smells. I like the fact that it is 5% ABV, after having gone through the craft beer phase and home brewing phase, I go more for buzz now than anything else the higher the ABV% the better I like the beer despite it's other short comings. Now then am I a beer geek no, but I know what I like and don't like, I like Fosters and would love to taste some not made in the U.S., Fosters in the UK is 4% abv everywhere else it's 5%. Will I buy more yes I will.

3.05/5  rDev +21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

here are my five words

2.95/5  rDev +17.1%

L- golden pale yellow, decent-looking head, some sparse lacing.
S- pretty typical adjunct lager smell. Grainy, not too fragrant
T- hardly any... and there is a slight sweetness to the beer that doesn't really work. So it doesn't taste good, but it doesn't taste bad either.
M- light, crisp, and clean.

O- hey, I kinda like it. Sure, it's an adjunct lager that ultimately can be beaten by any craft beer out there. But for what it is, it's alright.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Nothing special. Generic lager taste.

1.52/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1

Horrible. Very disappointing. I wanted to like based on it's history in the culture.

Not a very good beer.

2.9/5  rDev +15.1%

Fosters. Because... why not?! It's Australian for bored. Saw the oil can at the local Publix and couldn't help but remember how I used to think this was a premium beer. LOL. Pours from the obnoxiously large can in to a Modelo pint glass with gusto. The massive, loose head of fizzy, white crackling suds is as big as the can. It rests atop a pale, yellow lager with copious amounts of bubbles hugging the glass, before disappearing in record time. What's left is an uninspired pint of pale, lifeless liquid. About as transparent as a beer can be. A slightly sulfurous smell melds with metallic accents and a subtle, sour, floral hop note. In a nutshell, cheap lager. The taste is dominated by malty corn sweetness, with scant balancing bitterness. But not a sugary sweetness. Like chewing on unpopped popcorn kernels with a hint of aspartame. The finish is relatively crisp and clean, with little residual flavor. Surprisingly mild carbonation, with a smooth, slick, and easy mouthfeel. I could easily shotgun this entire oil can with little effort. Almost like beer-flavored water. Overall, aside from the unappealing aroma this is your typical pale, fizzy, swill. From time to time, it's just the right change of pace. Surprised I said that? It's an adjunct lager. For the style it's not half bad. If I was self-medicating I'd probably choose a beer like this.

to view more.