Foster's Lager - Foster's Group Limited

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-10-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 1,741 | Reviews: 607
1.92/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Average beer, easy to drink but nothing special.

2.93/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Fosters used to be my go to. Love the oil can but this beer gives me such a headache after only one.

4.07/5  rDev +61.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I like it a lot

3.55/5  rDev +40.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

its a pretty good brew, good with bbq food

2.82/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured from a chilled 750 ml. can into a lager glass.

Golden yellow color with a large 4-fingers of head. Plenty of lacing.

Aroma of hay, hay and more hay.

Tastes of barley and hay. No complexity. I can see myself drinking this in the Australian outback on a hot day. Refreshing on a hot day, but otherwise very ok. I expected more from you Aussies!

1.87/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This beer reminds me of Natural Light in both taste and feel.

2.58/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Foster's Lager tastes like any other American style macro-lager. Not too crazy and not the best, just plain ol' beer.

3.79/5  rDev +50.4%
look: 5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

a 5 for looks, ilike the color of it
a1.5 for smell, it smells more like corn than Busch.
a 4.5 for taste, It reminds me of Falstaff and I liked Falstaff...ya, ya, ya I know
a 3.75 for feel it's not watery. 4.75 overall
I don't like the way it smells. I like the fact that it is 5% ABV, after having gone through the craft beer phase and home brewing phase, I go more for buzz now than anything else the higher the ABV% the better I like the beer despite it's other short comings. Now then am I a beer geek no, but I know what I like and don't like, I like Fosters and would love to taste some not made in the U.S., Fosters in the UK is 4% abv everywhere else it's 5%. Will I buy more yes I will.

3.05/5  rDev +21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

here are my five words

2.95/5  rDev +17.1%

L- golden pale yellow, decent-looking head, some sparse lacing.
S- pretty typical adjunct lager smell. Grainy, not too fragrant
T- hardly any... and there is a slight sweetness to the beer that doesn't really work. So it doesn't taste good, but it doesn't taste bad either.
M- light, crisp, and clean.

O- hey, I kinda like it. Sure, it's an adjunct lager that ultimately can be beaten by any craft beer out there. But for what it is, it's alright.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Nothing special. Generic lager taste.

1.52/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1

Horrible. Very disappointing. I wanted to like based on it's history in the culture.

Not a very good beer.

2.9/5  rDev +15.1%

Fosters. Because... why not?! It's Australian for bored. Saw the oil can at the local Publix and couldn't help but remember how I used to think this was a premium beer. LOL. Pours from the obnoxiously large can in to a Modelo pint glass with gusto. The massive, loose head of fizzy, white crackling suds is as big as the can. It rests atop a pale, yellow lager with copious amounts of bubbles hugging the glass, before disappearing in record time. What's left is an uninspired pint of pale, lifeless liquid. About as transparent as a beer can be. A slightly sulfurous smell melds with metallic accents and a subtle, sour, floral hop note. In a nutshell, cheap lager. The taste is dominated by malty corn sweetness, with scant balancing bitterness. But not a sugary sweetness. Like chewing on unpopped popcorn kernels with a hint of aspartame. The finish is relatively crisp and clean, with little residual flavor. Surprisingly mild carbonation, with a smooth, slick, and easy mouthfeel. I could easily shotgun this entire oil can with little effort. Almost like beer-flavored water. Overall, aside from the unappealing aroma this is your typical pale, fizzy, swill. From time to time, it's just the right change of pace. Surprised I said that? It's an adjunct lager. For the style it's not half bad. If I was self-medicating I'd probably choose a beer like this.

3.8/5  rDev +50.8%

As an Anglo-Australian, I like this beer, I like to drink the local brew in most places I travel to, but this one is above average. The oversize cans appeal to the English and Scottish lager louts, perhaps giving the beer a worse name than it deserves.

1.77/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Better than water or rainier!

2.46/5  rDev -2.4%

Review of one of the large cans.

Appearance: Perfectly transparent with a bright golden colored body under a thick fluffy head that stands up for a long time. Great visible carbonation. It looks perfect.

Aroma: Mild spicy hop aroma and that familiar lager tinge. I can clearly pick out the spicy hop aroma though.

Taste: I'm literally picking up no flavor at all. There's a bit of a cereal flavor at the end, but even that is watered down. It really does taste just like water. I won't give it a 1 because it doesn't taste disgusting, it literally just has no flavor...and I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm looking for flavor of any kind and I get none.

Mouthfeel: It's crisp but it doesn't give much presence in the mouth. Average at best.

Overall: Skip this beer. An adjunct lager does not mean the beer has to be flavorless, which this is. I recommend passing on it.

1.75/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

I would sometimes buy these in the oil cans just because they looked cool. But, not great.

1.93/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

ok beer nothing special very crappy beer

1.63/5  rDev -35.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Really only bought this beer for the can for my collection. I had heard nothing but negative things about it. I was not disappointed; it was bad.

2.18/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.75

A standard lager with nothing special to offer but definitely a refreshing beer and fun to drink out of a massive can.

1.02/5  rDev -59.5%

I don't understand why I drank this.

3.2/5  rDev +27%

Reviewing this one based on the style, not compared to other beers.

Did a bit of a hard pour, and poured a light straw yellow color with a large white head that did leave some lacing.

Smell is corn and grain, reminds me a bit of bread.

Has a definite taste of corn and malt up front, but has a bit of a funky aftertaste. It is a touch on the sweet side.

Feel is a bit watery, but the carbonation does add a tingle that improves the feel a bit.

Overall, one of the better examples of the style. Seems most mass beers like this are very watery and have almost no flavor, this one at least has flavor. I can see how something like this would appeal on a hot day, it goes down easy, and at least to me, is a bit more than just water with a touch of beer flavoring.

2.99/5  rDev +18.7%

750 ml oil can into an imperial pint. Bottom stamped Apr2015

A- A sloppy, partial pour creates a huge, fluffy white head atop a clean, straw body with medium-heavy carbonation. The head drops to a thin foam that leaves some pretty good rings. A more controlled, second pour makes more like a 1 finger head.

S- A mix of husky grains and sweet and slightly tart, berry-like aroma. Some cooked corn when it warms up a bit.

T- It starts out pretty good for the style, lots of malt sweetness with some creamed corn flavor. It gets really dry and a little overly clean in the finish with some light, grassy hops.

M- Medium-light body with a bite from a higher level of carbonation and a little hop tingle. Somewhat "pop-like."

O- This used to be a splurge-type beer in college. I could see drinking one after mowing the lawn or around the grill, but it doesn't set itself apart from its truly cheap, domestic counterparts. More of a thirst quencher than something to savor.

3.26/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I think my rankings are off because the system detected an outlier, but to me this is a reasonable AAL. I haven't drank one in many years, but I preferred it to Coors Lite way back when.

to view more.