Foster's Lager - Foster's Group Limited

Foster's Group Limited visit their website
Australia

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-10-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,729 | Reviews: 600
3.79/5  rDev +50.4%
look: 5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

a 5 for looks, ilike the color of it
a1.5 for smell, it smells more like corn than Busch.
a 4.5 for taste, It reminds me of Falstaff and I liked Falstaff...ya, ya, ya I know
a 3.75 for feel it's not watery. 4.75 overall
I don't like the way it smells. I like the fact that it is 5% ABV, after having gone through the craft beer phase and home brewing phase, I go more for buzz now than anything else the higher the ABV% the better I like the beer despite it's other short comings. Now then am I a beer geek no, but I know what I like and don't like, I like Fosters and would love to taste some not made in the U.S., Fosters in the UK is 4% abv everywhere else it's 5%. Will I buy more yes I will.

3.05/5  rDev +21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

here are my five words

2.75/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.95/5  rDev +17.1%

L- golden pale yellow, decent-looking head, some sparse lacing.
S- pretty typical adjunct lager smell. Grainy, not too fragrant
T- hardly any... and there is a slight sweetness to the beer that doesn't really work. So it doesn't taste good, but it doesn't taste bad either.
M- light, crisp, and clean.

O- hey, I kinda like it. Sure, it's an adjunct lager that ultimately can be beaten by any craft beer out there. But for what it is, it's alright.

3.21/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Nothing special. Generic lager taste.

2.03/5  rDev -19.4%

2.59/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.52/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1

Horrible. Very disappointing. I wanted to like based on it's history in the culture.

2.71/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Not a very good beer.

2.5/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.9/5  rDev +15.1%

Fosters. Because... why not?! It's Australian for bored. Saw the oil can at the local Publix and couldn't help but remember how I used to think this was a premium beer. LOL. Pours from the obnoxiously large can in to a Modelo pint glass with gusto. The massive, loose head of fizzy, white crackling suds is as big as the can. It rests atop a pale, yellow lager with copious amounts of bubbles hugging the glass, before disappearing in record time. What's left is an uninspired pint of pale, lifeless liquid. About as transparent as a beer can be. A slightly sulfurous smell melds with metallic accents and a subtle, sour, floral hop note. In a nutshell, cheap lager. The taste is dominated by malty corn sweetness, with scant balancing bitterness. But not a sugary sweetness. Like chewing on unpopped popcorn kernels with a hint of aspartame. The finish is relatively crisp and clean, with little residual flavor. Surprisingly mild carbonation, with a smooth, slick, and easy mouthfeel. I could easily shotgun this entire oil can with little effort. Almost like beer-flavored water. Overall, aside from the unappealing aroma this is your typical pale, fizzy, swill. From time to time, it's just the right change of pace. Surprised I said that? It's an adjunct lager. For the style it's not half bad. If I was self-medicating I'd probably choose a beer like this.

2.21/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.8/5  rDev +50.8%

As an Anglo-Australian, I like this beer, I like to drink the local brew in most places I travel to, but this one is above average. The oversize cans appeal to the English and Scottish lager louts, perhaps giving the beer a worse name than it deserves.

2.5/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.77/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Better than water or rainier!

2.64/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

2.64/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

2.46/5  rDev -2.4%

Review of one of the large cans.

Appearance: Perfectly transparent with a bright golden colored body under a thick fluffy head that stands up for a long time. Great visible carbonation. It looks perfect.

Aroma: Mild spicy hop aroma and that familiar lager tinge. I can clearly pick out the spicy hop aroma though.

Taste: I'm literally picking up no flavor at all. There's a bit of a cereal flavor at the end, but even that is watered down. It really does taste just like water. I won't give it a 1 because it doesn't taste disgusting, it literally just has no flavor...and I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm looking for flavor of any kind and I get none.

Mouthfeel: It's crisp but it doesn't give much presence in the mouth. Average at best.

Overall: Skip this beer. An adjunct lager does not mean the beer has to be flavorless, which this is. I recommend passing on it.

1.75/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

I would sometimes buy these in the oil cans just because they looked cool. But, not great.

2.05/5  rDev -18.7%

2.89/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Foster's Lager from Foster's Group Limited