Bischofshof Pils - Brauerei Bischofshof

Bischofshof PilsBischofshof Pils

Brauerei Bischofshof visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: DoubleJ on 05-16-2008)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

500 ml bottle.

Pours a vibrant yellow/gold with a huge bright white head that lasts and lasts before receding with some nice lacing. It is crystal clear and tons of tiny bubbles can be seen racing towards the top.

The nose is typical of the style with a good malt/hop balance. The hops are grassy, and there is some fruitiness, sort of sweet lemony scent.

The flavor also carries qualities of the smell, it is rich and malty, very pleasant, then a nice large hop bite catches you in the end.

This is a very well made pils, very balanced, but with a unique character.

crossovert, Mar 12, 2010
2.75/5  rDev -21.4%

Luiz0930, May 31, 2013
3.33/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Picked up a bottle from Mattern Sausage, and I'm finding this bottle to be more interesting the more I look at it. Every word on the bottle is written in German; not a single English word to be found, and there is no importer company or "malt liquor" to be found on the bottle. Did the German deli I bought this from actually bought a case of this beer in Germany, then (illegally) sold it in their store? I ramble too much, let's move on to the beer:

The color of this beer is very pale straw with a clean appearance. The head is at a good thickness, and is holding up well thus far. The nose is musty, but once you get passes the wet cardboard you can find some grassy notes. The cardboard aroma worries me, but I'll press on to tasting it.

What do you know, it tastes rather good despite the nose. Light in the mouth, but enough flavor to catch your interest. The hop bitterness catches the palate first, and leaves its mark, even as the notes of hay and pale malt become noticed. It's held up on the shelf better than some others in its class.

I thought it was cool to try a beer that doesn;t appear to be imported into the States. It was worth the try, but like most German lagers sitting on the shelf, is likely better fresh in the homeland.

DoubleJ, May 16, 2008
3.9/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

As the previous poster stated, this bottle did not have one word of English and I didn't buy it from a German Deli but my favorite liquor store. Interesting point though.

As far as appearance goes, this is a nice light straw color I have come to expect from this style. I do not get a strong scent from this, but what I do sense is a bit earthy.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this, but I rather did. It is a little bitter at first with a bit of a sweet, malty finish. Definitely enjoyable.

VWBuggirl, Feb 17, 2010
Bischofshof Pils from Brauerei Bischofshof
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.