Big Wave Golden Ale - Kona Brewing Co.

Big Wave Golden AleBig Wave Golden Ale

good

good

Kona Brewing Co. visit their website
Hawaii, United States

American Blonde Ale |  4.40% ABV

Big Wave is light golden ale with a subtle fruitiness and delicate hop aroma. A smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The lightly roasted honey malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and also gives a slight sweetness that is balanced out by our special blend of hops.

(Beer added by: Sixpoint on 03-19-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Big Wave Golden Ale Alström Bros

I enjoyed this beer on a recent trip to Honolulu Hawaii... Had it at a company event with an open bar.. Very very tasty. I chose this because it being an open bar selections were limited. Normally I drink regular American Budweiser as my staple beer. But as the Bud Light version was only available I figured "when in Rome"...
I have never seen this beer or any of the Kona Brewery offerings here in Texas so I was interested in what I had in store for me.

This beer is AWESOME.... It is supremely Island fare.. Lightly bodied, very flavourful, easy to drink. It is very "typical golden". Fruity malty notes all over it.. So refreshing when ice cold. And it gets more pronounced as it warms..
Overall this beer is a top selection for any occasion. I'm not sure if its available in Houston because I have yet to see it anywhere.
I can guarantee you that if I find this locally I will be enjoying it on a regular basis.. Might have to put on flip flops though, just so it feels right.

Great beer good taste lovely smell and overall a very crisp enjoyable refreshing taste!!

Light, grapefruity without overwhelming the palate. Little to no head, light carbonation. Great session beer. Buy it whenever I see it :)

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

4.83/5  rDev +36.1%

Extremely light feel, incredibly floral smell, most notable feature of this beer is the finish.. Almost tastes of hibiscus. A truely incredible beer for a golden! A beer you can defiantly sit and cruise through allll dayyy lonnng! Perfect for a day on the boat with good friends!

4.75/5  rDev +33.8%

Big Wave Golden Ale from Kona Brewing Co.