Organic Revolution - New Glarus Brewing Company

New Glarus Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: getch on 11-07-2007

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Organic Revolution Alström Bros
firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
3.28/5  rDev -7.1%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass

A: Pours a clear honey brown with mild carbonation and a creamy one inch head the bubbles down to a thickish cap after a minute or so, not much lacing to speak of.

S: Certainly very clean smelling but I was suprised to see that this is an APA, certainly does not smell like any I've had latly as the hops are almost completly out of the picture, there is a slight lemony and sugary zest but not big floral hoppy oomff that I'm used to.

T/MF: This is one of the mildest pale ales I've ever tried but at the same time one of the cleanest, as this is my first orgainic beer that I know off, the aftertaste is very true and clean, nothing I've every really experienced before. No flavors really jump out and grab you as the hops and malt almost seem too well balanced that they knock eachother out of the picture and sort of flatten the beer out, there is more mouthfeel than taste to this beer, but that being said still very clean.

D: All and all I was disapointed in this beer, it being organic I was expecting a flavor explosion but instead was treated to something much milder, that makes me a bit worried about the hop wallops I've had before, maybe they were artificial in some way...

3.83/5  rDev +8.5%

My wife picked up a six pack for me to take to a Christmas party tonight. I figure I'll have one before I leave.

Appearance - The body is transparent with a deep tan and orange color. The head pours a frothy white but fades quickly.

Smell - It has a soapy malt aroma.

Taste - The taste is pure and complex. It ranges in flavor from pungent hop to fine malted barley.

Mouthfeel - This beer is perfectly smooth. I am very impressed with the texture and flow of this naturally carbonated New Glarus brew.

~ Needless to say New Glarus Brewing Company has done it again. They've created a great beer that I will without a doubt be recommending to friends and looking to sample again in the future. Job well done Dan & Deb.

3.48/5  rDev -1.4%

12oz single, Riley's...enjoyed with a handcrafted organic meal

appearance: pours into a great dane imperial pint glass, clear golden straw body with a moderate beige head and decent lacing

smell: earthy/musty malt aromas dominate, fairly grassy

taste: sweet and malty, grassy and herbal hop presence, definitely some german malt influences here. the result is a pretty drinkable german pale ale, but nothing i need a whole lot of

mouthfeel: light carbonation, thinning body

drinkability: fine

2.91/5  rDev -17.6%

a: pours a nice golden color with about a half inch of head that dissapears not too fast but when it does leaves a lot of lacing
s: grassy hops, maybe a few citrusy hints bready grain malts, very nice very inviting
t: grassy and citrusy hops in the intial taste followed by bready malts
m: light to medium bodied beer with average amount of carbonation

overall, this doesnt really taste like a apa, it has more crispness to the flavor and aroma, and not as much hoppiness however this is a very nice sessionable beer, but could get better for less $

2.97/5  rDev -15.9%

This beer isn't bad, but there really isn't anything I can say to strongly recommend it; there aren't any really distinctive or unique flavors and I thought I detected a faint flavor defect or two. Organic Revolution doesn't do anything to change my impression that in general the quality (or at least degree of "interesting") organic beers remains distinctly below that of non-organic beers.

Pours a thick gold lager-color with a very tacky white head that is loosely packed into the top of my glass. Appearance of the beer's body is a bit disconcerting - it has an oily-swirlyness to it. Aroma is only slightly hoppy, with some fruity vinous-ness. Flavor is balanced, but a bit dull with a very faint hoppiness. Some vinous-ness and diacetyl are evident to me.

3.05/5  rDev -13.6%

Described to me by Deb Carey as a hoppy, organic German Pale Ale. After drinking a six pack I have pretty mixed feelings about the beer. I enjoy the grassiness and strength of the hops but don’t particularly like the honey/candy like mixed up malt flavor. I like the carbonation but don’t appreciate rather muddled sweet character of the body. The beer lacks a crispness and cleanliness that I associate with these kinds of hops. Appearance wise the beer isn’t much to write about but it’s not bad either at a pale amber and highly carbonated body with a thick white froth that quickly dissipates. There is some problematic boozy sweetness in the flavor too but overall the beer isn’t bad. It’s just not very good either. I’ll pass on buying anymore.

3.85/5  rDev +9.1%

Pours out bright gold and sits golden amber in the glass with a good sized frothy white head, fading slowly to a thick skim. Lacing abundant.

Pungent pilsener-like aromatics - dominantly sharp grassy hops and light crackery grains.

Quite hops forward, largely grassy with minor citrus notes. Malt presence is subdued, very much overshadowed by assertive bitterness. Finish with trailing fusel alcohols and lingering hops.

Crisp clean and refreshing all around. Light-medium bodied with sharp, fine carbonation.

It is like some sort of punched-up German pils-ale. I enjoyed this one to the very bitter end, but I still don't feel that Hallertau is the best single hop choice for a Pale Ale, but I'm rethinking that with every sip.

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

Served from a 12 oz brown bottle.

A: Deep gold color that sprits up with a good retention of about 1"

S: Faint hoppiness comes to aroma, malts and a little more malts and some corn and a little zest.

T: A little wheaty fairly hoppy you can def taste the hallertau very creamy and rich a nice lite ale.

After notes: All in all a great Organic Pale ale I love it I recommend this to anyone who loves APA's or even IPA's.

Perfectly clear darker gold color with a soft white head that retains well and leaves good lacing. Aroma is fairly low on the hops, but there is still some floral hints; I also get a little hint of apple, honeycomb, and some nice pale malt to round it out. Taste gives me some honey bread and floral hops at the forefront, a little pale malt balanced by the hops in the finish. Carbonation is a touch higher than medium with a bit heavier than light body. Pretty good beer, IMO; this one might not knock your socks off, but it is a very well made beer perfect for sessioning. Another success.

3.33/5  rDev -5.7%

A- poured a straw yellow crystal clear with a big foamy white/ish head that lasted for a long time, pretty effervescent too. big lacing were left behind too

S- understated hops, light malt, pretty clean and simple smelling

T- a light clean flavor, its smooth but pretty simple

M- a light body, medium carbonation, flows over the tongue well

D- a solid session ale, but nothing spectacular,

3.55/5  rDev +0.6%

its a new one from new glarus, and it states on their website it uses only the 4 natural ingredients of 1516. and natural 100% carbonated.

s- its very average, its a light beer, see right through, it very little head.

t- taste is very good out of a light lager, it finish is sweet, not honey, a dull candy taste

m- very enjoyable, very smooth

d-i like this beer, alot, its not a sipping beer, could easily drink a couple of these

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last