Moon Man - New Glarus Brewing Company

New Glarus Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Skidz on 03-12-2010

You hold a session beer with a bright bold blend of five hops that flirt obligingly with the smooth malty backside. Don't let this one lay around it is brewed to be enjoyed today. Bold and engaging without pretense, because in Wisconsin you do not have to be extreme to be real.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,116 | Reviews: 455

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

4.07/5  rDev -1.5%

A - Crystal clear light honey color. About a finger of white head with good retention. Minimal lacing.

S - Huge grapefruit and pine presence in the nose. Lots of american-style hops are evident here.

T - Citrusy and almost tart up front from all the hops. Good malty balance thereafter. Medium bitterness. Just a touch of wheaty dryness in the finish but this beer is largely a big, juicy hop-forward offering.

M - Lighter body with an extremely crisp, refreshing finish. I wish I had gotten my hands on this one earlier in the summer. Low ABV makes this one a perfect session beer.

4.02/5  rDev -2.7%

12 oz. bottle with 2122 bottling code (2 months old), poured into oint glass
A- Crystal clear golden/orangish in color, a thick one finger white head- thin layer sticks around
S- Deep smell of citrus hops, floral and grassy
T- Mostly hop forward, Nice citrus with malty sweetness, finish is more balanced, not hugely complex but very good and refreshing
M- Easily the best aspect of this beer, nice carbonation hits lips, tongue and mouth, very crisp and smooth
O- Very easy-drinking and one of the most readily available APAs here in WI, one of my favorites from NG

4.41/5  rDev +6.8%

I made many a special trip from Minneapolis to Hudson specifically to get this beer. Never got to try it on tap when I lived in the Midwest, but I certainly had it plenty of times bottled.

A - lovely. A deeper orange than expected from the taste, nice thick foam, not a ton of carbonation.

S - I never noticed anything particularly special about this beer's smell. I like the hop character with the sweeter notes, but it's really all about the taste with this one.

T - delightful. One of the best pale's I've ever had. It's a sweeter PA, with just a little floral bite at the end. Delicious, very quaffable.

M - still very good. The low carbonation in with the sweeter taste gives this beer an easygoing mouthfeel. I'd love it if there was slightly more alcohol, however.

O - one of my favorite beers. I wouldn't rank this among the objective best, but it's certainly got something I love about it. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to get it again for a long while, but I'll certainly pick up a few six packs the next time I swing through WI.

2.75/5  rDev -33.4%

4.75/5  rDev +15%

4.5/5  rDev +9%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Moon Man from New Glarus Brewing Company