Irish Amber - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant

Irish Red Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: BuckSpin on 05-26-2005

Reviews by DevilDogBeer:
3.35/5  rDev n/a

Iron Hill - North Wales' Irish Amber was just what I looked for when I ordered the beer. It was a light amber color, poured with a white frothy head which stayed, and was very clear. The smell was light with just a hint of earthy hops. The taste was smooth and light with no outstanding flavors and a very clean finish. The mouthfeel was light, and this beer was very drinkable, a great session beer. I rated this beer's taste as average because that was what I was looking for when I ordered it, an average, drinkable, smooth beer that could sit down and watch some sports with and relax. It met all of my expectations. (620 characters)

3.91/5  rDev n/a

Poured a gorgeous warm, rusty red/amber hue...beautiful, with a thin head of off-white foam.

Nose is dry, light, sweet, echoes of warm fruit. The tongue is full of flavor as sweet malts dance with dried fruits...very nice. The pallete merely warms the existing tastes which fade to a mildlt sweet thoartfeel and aftertaste.

Of the 11 beers I sampled that evening, I believe this was a tie for 3rd as my favorite. Could stand alone as a session beer or pair well with some rich food or meats. Definitely worth a try. (521 characters)

3.65/5  rDev n/a

From my notes:
Appearance: Nitro pour is a deep red color, with a thick foamy head and very nice lacing.

Smell: Hops and malts, then citrus, plums, raisins and dough.

Taste: Malts and a nutty flavor that has a hint of hops. Apples come in as well. This beer does not dominate the palate, possibly due to filtering process used by Iron Hill. The flavors are watered down after the filtering.

Mouthfeel: Really creamy from the nitro, and the mouth is left feeling slightly dry. I really love the creaminess for the nitro tab though.

Drinkability: Very drinkable, this is a beer I could easily drink all night. (611 characters)

Irish Amber from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.